don't know whats wrong with me- therapy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
All day i think about how i dont feel good and there may be only one time in a day for a short period of time where i feel happy. I cant even cry to let out my emotions although at wrong times I feel like i want to cry. Because I know ive been through a 'depressive' few weeks ive had sleeping and appetite problems too. I just started uni and nothing is wrong with my experience, I have a few really good friends, I enjoy my society, my flat isnt the best because I dont really have any flat mates so I feel lonley in the evening and want to just chill with friends but I always have to arrange everything I just want someone to arrange something with me instead. Despite everything going well at uni especially compared to some people i just feel bad when im with friends im counting down the time until im alone again and constantly trying to use the time i spend with people to try and feel better. All i want to do really is just escape from my mind constantly thinking about how bad i feel which makes me feel worse and the only person that can help me is me by changing my thoughts but part of me just wants to cling onto being depressed. Ive also felt very emotionally unstable like one slight good chat with someone will make me reallly happy and excitable and if something is slightly not the best il feel really depressive again.

Anyone else experienced these feelings and has maybe had therapy for it?
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
All day i think about how i dont feel good and there may be only one time in a day for a short period of time where i feel happy. I cant even cry to let out my emotions although at wrong times I feel like i want to cry. Because I know ive been through a 'depressive' few weeks ive had sleeping and appetite problems too. I just started uni and nothing is wrong with my experience, I have a few really good friends, I enjoy my society, my flat isnt the best because I dont really have any flat mates so I feel lonley in the evening and want to just chill with friends but I always have to arrange everything I just want someone to arrange something with me instead. Despite everything going well at uni especially compared to some people i just feel bad when im with friends im counting down the time until im alone again and constantly trying to use the time i spend with people to try and feel better. All i want to do really is just escape from my mind constantly thinking about how bad i feel which makes me feel worse and the only person that can help me is me by changing my thoughts but part of me just wants to cling onto being depressed. Ive also felt very emotionally unstable like one slight good chat with someone will make me reallly happy and excitable and if something is slightly not the best il feel really depressive again.

Anyone else experienced these feelings and has maybe had therapy for it?
I totally get you. From my own experiences therapy isn't the best, I don't like counselling and struggle to talk to people about exactly whats getting me down. I find that actually for me going to the gym is really helpful. It clears my mind and I can focus on myself. Its also really helpful because you get a feel good feeling not only when you're working out but also after with your constant self improvement. I would therefore suggest you maybe try a sport. If that's not working, talk to your friends, tell them how you feel and they can help and support you. If none of that works maybe you should consider therapy? Hope it improves
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
thanks for your reply I already do dance and go to the gym too lol, did you also feel this way for a while and did it stop?
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thanks for your reply I already do dance and go to the gym too lol, did you also feel this way for a while and did it stop?
It got better for sure but I haven't managed to get it to completely stop. I still have days where I feel like real **** but I have a nice group of friends that try to make my bad days better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (844)
42.58%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads