The Student Room Group

Would you hit back a woman in self-defense?

Poll

Would you hit back a woman in self-defense?

Say that a women started attacking you, would u hit her back?

Scroll to see replies

As a woman myself, yes. If I was the woman genuinely attacking a man, I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if he defended himself and hit me in response.
Yes
No, but I wouldn't hit a man back in self-defense either.
Probably no actually

I understand that equality = men can hit women, women can hit men

But tbh I don't know any women who could probably genuinely hurt me physically with her hands.

Maybe if she was armed I would hit back, but otherwise, I'm just gonna walk off from the situation and let her cool down/call police.

im not a simp tho
Yes. Why wouldn't I?
Yes, just don't hurt the woman too much or else you can be viewed as guilty and possibly given a bad punishment, like a fine or a short sentence to jail.
Original post by Torigracex
As a woman myself, yes. If I was the woman genuinely attacking a man, I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if he defended himself and hit me in response.

Agree :five:
Reply 8
Use defense that's proportionate to the offense. I.e if you're able to restrain the woman then do so without trying to cause damage. However if you're being attacked with a hammer then no one can blame you for acting with sufficient force to protect yourself.
*shrug* If withdrawing wasn't realistic.
Oh great - women who are enamoured by their own oppression and dehumanisation thinks it’s ok for a man to hit them. Your lorry load of male approval is on its way 👏

Your lorry load of male approval has been dispatched 🙄
Original post by syrialove1981
Oh great - women who are enamoured by their own oppression and dehumanisation thinks it’s ok for a man to hit them. Your lorry load of male approval is on its way 👏

What are they supposed to do? Just stand there and take it?
Yes he can and I wouldn't blame him if he did.
Original post by syrialove1981

Yes, I believe if I hit ANYONE, they have the right to defend themselves, including hitting me back if that’s what they choose to do. I don’t believe it’s alright for a man to just come up and hit a woman unprovoked, the same as I don’t believe it’s okay for a woman to do the same to a man. So, do the female population a favour and shove your lorry where the sun don’t shine sweet heart x
Yes.
I'm female and would defend myself or my property from a female thug/criminal/lunatic.
I'd do the same to any man that violently attacked me and would expect any man to defend himself against me if I attacking him first.
Yes, I believe if I hit ANYONE, they have the right to defend themselves, including hitting me back if that’s what they choose to do. I don’t believe it’s alright for a man to just come up and hit a woman unprovoked, the same as I don’t believe it’s okay for a woman to do the same to a man. So, do the female population a favour and shove your lorry where the sun don’t shine sweet heart x

Pathetic. Do you know how ridiculous you sound.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
No, but I wouldn't hit a man back in self-defense either.

Are you a pacifist? :confused:
Reply 18
I'd slap her rather than punch.
Original post by epicman2021
Probably no actually

I understand that equality = men can hit women, women can hit men

But tbh I don't know any women who could probably genuinely hurt me physically with her hands.

Maybe if she was armed I would hit back, but otherwise, I'm just gonna walk off from the situation and let her cool down/call police.

im not a simp tho

if u want i can hit u & we’ll test your hypothesis about whether any woman could hurt you with her hands? xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending