The Student Room Group

A level fast rack maths

Hi i was wondering what other people's experience was with fast track maths. I am thinking of doing fast track with physics and computer science is that possible?
I did it and got an A*. It was really cool to see how much progress I made in a school year. You couldn’t really do it with more than one fast track subject though. I had two other AS levels that year.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Dancer2001
I did it and got an A*. It was really cool to see how much progress I made in a school year. You couldn’t really do it with more than one subject though. I had two other AS levels that year.

What type of grades were you getting at gcse? Also what did you do along side it thanks!
Original post by Toby 8588585
What type of grades were you getting at gcse? Also what did you do along side it thanks!

I got an 8 in gcse maths, but the rest of my GCSEs were 6s and 7s with a couple of 4s and 5s (eg. Spanish - I regret taking that).
I started year 12 with chemistry, computer science and fast track maths. I’m now doing a level further maths.
I got an 8 in gcse maths, but the rest of my GCSEs were 6s and 7s with a couple of 4s and 5s (eg. Spanish - I regret taking that).
I started year 12 with chemistry, computer science and fast track maths. I’m now doing a level further maths.

Sounds good did you drop computer science or chem at the end of year 1?
Sounds good did you drop computer science or chem at the end of year 1?

I dropped computer science. It wasn’t hard but I didn’t put any effort in, so I ended up with a B in my AS exam. I also didn’t want to do the project, it sounded like loads of effort for a subject I didn’t really care about.
Have you finished all your a levels and if so what did you get and what are you doing now?
Have you finished all your a levels and if so what did you get and what are you doing now?

I’m in my second year now, with further maths (fast track) and chemistry.
I did my maths exam last summer.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m in my second year now, with further maths (fast track) and chemistry

Well I hope it all goes well good luck and thanks for the help
Popped your thread into Maths Exams :fyi:
Best wishes :bump:
Well I hope it all goes well good luck and thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending