The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2019-20

I didn't see higher biology in the SQA Exams Thread 2020 so I thought I'd add one!

So here's a thread for everyone taking Higher Biology this year! (2019-2020)

So what are people's feelings toward the Biology course so far? If you started a part of the course before the summer.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
General view: I've forgotten everything from Nat 5
It should be interesting though
The slightly annoying thing is the changes to the course which always gets me
Original post by NMCMcL
General view: I've forgotten everything from Nat 5
It should be interesting though
The slightly annoying thing is the changes to the course which always gets me

I'm sure the nat 5 stuff is in there deep down somewhere! And yeah I agree the changes in the course are very annoying and sometimes teachers can't keep up! Or the most annoying thing is that they teach us something and then mention that it's not in the course, it may be useful but it's a waste of a lesson especially when I have to sit the exam lol
How's everyone doing with higher bio? Any topics you're particularly enjoying or finding difficult?
Original post by Labrador99
How's everyone doing with higher bio? Any topics you're particularly enjoying or finding difficult?

Oh buddy we all wish we could find it enoyable:colondollar:
Original post by AlenJoseph
Oh buddy we all wish we could find it enoyable:colondollar:

Any topics you dislike less then? :lol:
Any topics you dislike less then? :lol:

Its not the fact that I dislike any areas, in fact I quite like the challenge but it sucks when my mind goes blank and even though I got a decent mark in section one for Higher Biology I am terrified for Section 2 of my prelim tomorrow!
Its not the fact that I dislike any areas, in fact I quite like the challenge but it sucks when my mind goes blank and even though I got a decent mark in section one for Higher Biology I am terrified for Section 2 of my prelim tomorrow!

Aah, get what you mean! Hope that it went okay? :smile:
Aah, get what you mean! Hope that it went okay? :smile:

Ye, it went soo good! I should have more stressed about the other subjects instead aha
anyone's higher bio coming up or have you had prelims before christmas ??

*not prepared guys
Original post by stereotypeasian
anyone's higher bio coming up or have you had prelims before christmas ??

*not prepared guys

dw about it, look over the long explain question for citric cyle and stuff like that and familarise yourselves with problem solving but just be confident!
dw about it, look over the long explain question for citric cyle and stuff like that and familarise yourselves with problem solving but just be confident!

:smile:
hey does anyone know the best method to answer extended response questions?
Original post by Folayemi.f
hey does anyone know the best method to answer extended response questions?

i dont know what is considered the best method but i memorise the answer schemes of past extended response questions from past papers as they can only ask so much about each of the units
Ye, it went soo good! I should have more stressed about the other subjects instead aha

Glad to hear it went well! :smile:
Glad to hear it went well! :smile:

alright, im sorry, ill take that back...

Got my results and lets just say it felt good when i did it but the results says otherwise...
alright, im sorry, ill take that back...

Got my results and lets just say it felt good when i did it but the results says otherwise...

at least prelim season is nearly finished
my prelim is tomorrow, lol, wish me luck
Original post by DarcyAnderson203
my prelim is tomorrow, lol, wish me luck

my fingers are crossed for you
have you done your prelims yet? this is my last one so im glad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending