The Student Room Group

If someone was to defer an exam due to illness, would they sit the same original exam

Would the exam paper be the exact same as those who sat it first time round?
Original post by GotAQQuestion
Would the exam paper be the exact same as those who sat it first time round?

No.
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
No.

I've heard of someone deferring and I wanted to make sure they wouldn't have an advantage compared to other students. Are you sure this rule applies to every uni that the exam paper will be different?
I've heard of someone deferring and I wanted to make sure they wouldn't have an advantage compared to other students. Are you sure this rule applies to every uni that the exam paper will be different?

When you defer an exam, it's usually deferred to the next sitting. E.g. the resit diet.

New papers will be created by then.

If you want definitive policy wording, check your university website.
Reply 4
When you defer an exam, it's usually deferred to the next sitting. E.g. the resit diet.

New papers will be created by then.

Yeah that's true but our uni states that either it will be the next resit date or "a special sitting".

Surely the "special sitting" say a couple weeks after the original exam won't consist of the same exam paper.
Yeah that's true but our uni states that either it will be the next resit date or "a special sitting".

Surely the "special sitting" say a couple weeks after the original exam won't consist of the same exam paper.

Universities are not stupid, they know students could give another student the questions. So no, they won’t be the original exam paper, it will be different.

I've said that it won't be the same paper already...
Reply 7
I've said that it won't be the same paper already...

Okay thanks for your help, sorry was stressing out haha :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Hazelly
Universities are not stupid, they know students could give another student the questions. So no, they won’t be the original exam paper, it will be different.

I mean you would think so but my university uses same exam questions from previous years
I mean you would think so but my university uses same exam questions from previous years

As a mock? Yeah.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Hazelly
As a mock? Yeah.

Nope, as the real exam at the end of the semester. The exams had questions from last year in them. But this happened in Year 1.

Maybe in year 2, they will change the questions.
Nope, as the real exam at the end of the semester. The exams had questions from last year in them. But this happened in Year 1.

Maybe in year 2, they will change the questions.

Okay. You do have to provide sufficient evidence if you’re going to be ill for an exam, so there’s not many ways of playing the system entirely.

Quick Reply

Latest