The Student Room Group

Nottingham Vet offer holder day

Is anyone going to the offer holder for nottingham uni for vet med- anyone know what the practical examination is??
Reply 1
I am going! I have no idea, I mean it's not Going to matter in terms of offers, hopefully it's just a bit of fun haha! My friend is coming to the uni with me, are you Planning on going with anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by D34nn4
I am going! I have no idea, I mean it's not Going to matter in terms of offers, hopefully it's just a bit of fun haha! My friend is coming to the uni with me, are you Planning on going with anyone?

I’m going with my dad, he loves going to Nottingham uni! I have emailed them and asked what they mean by it, are you doing the morning or afternoon? Hoping it’s just like teaching theory and then how they link it to practical rather than it being an actual exam type thing
Reply 3
Original post by em.hall_
I’m going with my dad, he loves going to Nottingham uni! I have emailed them and asked what they mean by it, are you doing the morning or afternoon? Hoping it’s just like teaching theory and then how they link it to practical rather than it being an actual exam type thing

My mum loves Nottingham too, but she's pretty embarrassing at Times so I've made her sit it out haha! Mine is the morning! I don't think they will "examine" us in any way haha, because they can't take out offers away, right😂 I'm also hoping There will be an opportunity to look at accommodation as last time I saw it was several years ago now (I'm 21, always had my heart set on Notts)
Reply 4
Original post by D34nn4
My mum loves Nottingham too, but she's pretty embarrassing at Times so I've made her sit it out haha! Mine is the morning! I don't think they will "examine" us in any way haha, because they can't take out offers away, right😂 I'm also hoping There will be an opportunity to look at accommodation as last time I saw it was several years ago now (I'm 21, always had my heart set on Notts)

I have been set on it too since i can remember but it being a bit away from the city concerns me :/ i’m torn between there and liverpool! And i imagine the tour shows you accommodation, where else have you applied??
Reply 5
I have been set on it too since i can remember but it being a bit away from the city concerns me :/ i’m torn between there and liverpool! And i imagine the tour shows you accommodation, where else have you applied??

I quite like it, gives me a reason to go out and explore! I only applied for Nottingham, it's a long story. Haha! I'm actually doing the 6 year course, thankfully my offer is unconditional may be a bit longer but gets me to the end goal!
Reply 6
Original post by D34nn4
I quite like it, gives me a reason to go out and explore! I only applied for Nottingham, it's a long story. Haha! I'm actually doing the 6 year course, thankfully my offer is unconditional may be a bit longer but gets me to the end goal!

well done for getting on the 6 year, there’s really limited places for that i’ve heard!
My daughter was called with an offer for April 2021 but hasn't heard any more. Did you get an email about the offer holder day?
Reply 8
well done for getting on the 6 year, there’s really limited places for that i’ve heard!

Thank you! Yes it's crazy! But then again the criteria to be considered for it are quite strict! Admittingly I think people who apply for D100 who fit 6 Yr criteria are considered for both! It's really competitive but then again which Vet Med course isn't really competitive😂
Reply 9
Original post by SevenEleven66
My daughter was called with an offer for April 2021 but hasn't heard any more. Did you get an email about the offer holder day?

yeah I got an email but mine is for september 2020 so could be different?
At the offer holder day last year the practical involved practising procedures on cadavers and models- all a bit of fun and no assessment or examination involved, so unless its changed it will most likely be the same sort of thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending