The Student Room Group

Kpmg apprenticeships 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gent2324
no you?

Nope :/ be prepared for a long wait I guess....
Original post by 123afx
Nope :/ be prepared for a long wait I guess....

ill pm u when i hear back u do the same?
Reply 22
Original post by Gent2324
ill pm u when i hear back u do the same?

Agreed my friend 👍
Reply 23
I submitted the audio submission last week. I received a response yesterday saying that I successfully completed this stage of the application. They said they recruit on a rolling basis, and spaces may have been filled, and I have been put on hold.
Does anyone know what this means??
Reply 24
Original post by HK4ZM1
I submitted the audio submission last week. I received a response yesterday saying that I successfully completed this stage of the application. They said they recruit on a rolling basis, and spaces may have been filled, and I have been put on hold.

Hmmm...it seems as if you passed that stage, but spaces for the AC have been filled and so they sadly can’t guarantee a place for you. Recruiting on a rolling basis means they continue recruiting for the role until all spaces have been filled.

Can you send a sc of the email? You can pm me if u like and I can look at it in more detail
Reply 25
Original post by 123afx
Hmmm...it seems as if you passed that stage, but spaces for the AC have been filled and so they sadly can’t guarantee a place for you. Recruiting on a rolling basis means they continue recruiting for the role until all spaces have been filled.

Can you send a sc of the email? You can pm me if u like and I can look at it in more detail

Here you go Mate, I really hope the spaces haven't filled up because I applied a bit later than I wanted to due to my Mock exams.
Original post by HK4ZM1

What did you apply for specifically?
Reply 27
Original post by adina456
What did you apply for specifically?

The Audit apprenticeship
Reply 28
Original post by HK4ZM1
Here you go Mate, I really hope the spaces haven't filled up because I applied a bit later than I wanted to due to my Mock exams.

Alright so from what I’ve gathered, nothing is confirmed yet. You have passed and you WILL most likely get a place at the assessment centre, but you’ve been warned that places MAY have filled up by the time you do your AC.

A few things to note. Kpmg opened their applications very very late (27 November if I remember correctly) compared to the other big 4. Most people who wanna do an apprenticeship, apply to all the big 4 rather than just one, to boost their chances of getting an offer. But because kpmg opened a lot later on, people who applied to kpmg as well as the other big 4 may now already have received their offers from the other firms, freeing up a lot of space in the AC. So quite a few people may have been offered a place at the AC but dropped out now after getting their offer. I think. This is an assumption.

Also, a lot of people in the past who went to the AC and aced it, but found out spaces have already been filled, were given offers to join the year after instead. This is actually quite common and may apply to you. So don’t give up hope yet
Sorry error
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Natalie Munonye
They gave me an email with the same wording but I’m moving to the audio submission. I hope it’s just a formality but I’ve been hearing that spaces may be more limited this year due to finances, allegedly. It’s gonna be super competitive so I’m not putting all of my eggs in this basket.

Where did u hear that from?
Reply 31
Original post by 123afx
Where did u hear that from?

KPMG
Reply 32
Original post by HK4ZM1
KPMG

Wait so kpmg said themselves that spaces may be limited this year due to finances???
Reply 33
Original post by 123afx
Wait so kpmg said themselves that spaces may be limited this year due to finances???

I am not sure about that, because that wasn’t said to me. I think that that user is just assuming this?...
Reply 34
Original post by HK4ZM1
I am not sure about that, because that wasn’t said to me. I think that that user is just assuming this?...

Oh ok I see. I sure hope they aren’t. Not only does that making getting accepted harder, but even if you do, it will mean a smaller group of people u will get to meet and enjoy doing the apprenticeship with. Kpmg in London usually take around 50 or so apprentices, almost double any other office in the UK. Are u applying there?
Original post by HK4ZM1

Oh sorry it may be misinformation. I know that the government gives funds to companies to run apprenticeships so my original statement may not be true.
Reply 36
Just received a phone call from kpmg. My assessment centre slot will take place next Thursday
Reply 37
Original post by 123afx
Oh ok I see. I sure hope they aren’t. Not only does that making getting accepted harder, but even if you do, it will mean a smaller group of people u will get to meet and enjoy doing the apprenticeship with. Kpmg in London usually take around 50 or so apprentices, almost double any other office in the UK. Are u applying there?

There are only 150 vacancies in the uk for KPMG I believe.
Reply 38
Original post by HK4ZM1
There are only 150 vacancies in the uk for KPMG I believe.

Around 200 each year actually. A former student recruiter at kpmg told me that. According to a thread from 2016 (i think) they accepted 48 apprentices in London and 32 in Birmingham. Those numbers are expected to have gone up slightly over the years.
Reply 39
Original post by 123afx
Just received a phone call from kpmg. My assessment centre slot will take place next Thursday

Nice, do you reckon you could send me an email of what they said too you once you passed the audio submission mate?
my email is :
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending