The Student Room Group

16 year old receives death and rape threat after criticising Islam

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/french-teenager-in-hiding-after-insulting-islam-online-0vl5hrs0m

Police have told a French teenager to go into hiding after she received death threats for insulting Islam.

The 16-year-old has been advised to stay away from her lycée (sixth-form college) in southeast France after calls on the internet for her to be killed, raped or attacked.

The girl, named only as Mila, is understood to have been told by officials that she should avoid being seen in public until the controversy fades. She is being given psychological support by the local prosecutor’s office.

The girl, who lives in the Isère area near Lyons, and wants to become a singer, was sharing a live video on Instagram on Saturday when she became embroiled in a row with a male Instagram user making what she calls “heavy-handed propositions” online during her broadcast.

When she refused his sexual advances, he called her a “dirty dyke” and mentioned that he was a Muslim. She responded by saying that: “I hate religion. The Koran is . . . full of hate. There is only hate in it. Islam is a **** religion. That’s what I think.” The video has now been viewed more than one million times, provoking a vehement backlash against the teenager.

I appreciate many religious people are really insecure about their faith, so dislike any kind of criticism. However, if a teenager says your religion is full of hate, don't respond with multiple death and rape threats. It really doesn't help.

Scroll to see replies

Religion of Peace.
creepy indeed.
Appalling.

Started by one vicious pervert who couldn't handle a teenage girl rejecting his sexual advances and tried to abuse religion as his own personal weapon. :yucky:
Then all the usual social media creeps, trolls, religious fanatics and troublemakers came out of the cyber woodwork doing their best to cause mayhem. :eek:
Reply 4
ahh, telling the victim to 'go into hiding' yet doing absolutely nothing to tackle the issue...
> Islam is grim and hateful.

> Omg, not it isn’t and because you said that you should be raped and murdered!!

The thing that’s more hateful here is how low that Muslim's IQ is.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Religion of Peace.

Not funny. :whip:
A vicious pervert on instagram who couldn't handle a girl turning him down and tried to involve religion into his creepy bull****.
Probably the type of guy that demands nudes from random girls online.
Great logic there.

It's people like this that give religion a bad name.
I’m confused... Islam is the religion of peace...?

You’d think rather than forcing the girl to go into hiding for saying an opinion (and in a civilised way at that), they’d go after the lunatics getting rapey and stabby over a teenager saying their book is full of hate.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by CTLeafez
I’m confused... Islam is the religion of peace...?

You’d think rather than forcing the girl to go into hiding for saying an opinion (and in a civilised way at that), they’d go after the lunatics getting rapey and stabby over a teenager saying their book is full of hate.

The way we've become as a world, any thing we say will offend someone out there. You may as well ban free speech and critical thinking.

The funny thing is, there's enough evidence from Islamic scriptures (Qur'an and hadiths) to actually back up the 16 year old girl's claim.
Reply 10
Original post by MidgetFever
Great logic there.

It's people like this that give religion a bad name.

there's some truth to what you say. However from another angle, there's enough evidence in the Qur'an and hadiths/sunnah to suggest that islam promotes hatred, violence, misogeny and sexism - and hence isn't a very nice religion, therefore supporting the girl's claim

religion and individuals are two separate things. most Muslims are perfectly decent individuals, it's the religious scriptures that are the problem
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Fuego1
there's some truth to what you say. However from another angle, there's enough evidence in the Qur'an and hadiths/sunnah to suggest that islam promotes hatred, violence, misogeny and sexism - and hence isn't a very nice religion, therefore supporting the girl's claim

religion and individuals are two separate things. most Muslims are perfectly decent individuals, it's the religious scriptures that are the problem

Sorry but there’s no way I can’t interrupt you here. All these so called “violent verses” have been taken out of context and misinterpreted. Just because some idiot, who has no clue about Islam, decides he has the authority to interpret a verse how he wishes and then carries out a violent act DOES NOT mean Islam is a violent religion.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by tdpr_
Sorry but there’s no way I can’t interrupt you here. All these so called “violent verses” have been taken out of context and misinterpreted. Just because some idiot, who has no clue about Islam, decides he has the authority to interpret a verse how he wishes and then carries out a violent act DOES NOT mean Islam is a violent religion.

apologist spotted. Have you ever read the Qur'an and the tafsirs/hadiths that go with it or do you simply parrot something without any thought.

what sort of context does wife beating need? what sort of context does 'homosexuals will burn in the hellfire for eternity' need. And while were at it, what sort of context does 'individuals (apostates) who leave islam should be killed' need?

also, do you agree that women should inherit half of what a man earns and that a woman needs 4 witnesses in court while a man does not?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Fuego1
apologist spotted. Have you ever read the Qur'an and the tafsirs/hadiths that go with it or do you simply parrot something without any thought.

what sort of context does wife beating need? what sort of context does 'homosexuals will burn in the hellfire for eternity' need. And while were at it, what sort of context does 'individuals (apostates) who leave islam should be killed' need?

Not after a pointless Islam/atheist debate here.

But in regards to the points you’ve mentioned, you have clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, proved exactly what I said in my initial reply. Good day sir.
i hope this guy does not read TSR

:emo:
Reply 15
Original post by tdpr_
Not after a pointless Islam/atheist debate here.

But in regards to the points you’ve mentioned, you have clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, proved exactly what I said in my initial reply. Good day sir.

you've failed to address any of the questions and simply resorted to the 'But u need context and u misinterpreted things'

it seems like you accept Islam's violent attitude and hatred towards apostates and homosexuals
Reply 16
Original post by Fuego1
you've failed to address any of the questions and simply resorted to the 'But u need context and u misinterpreted things'

it seems like you accept Islam's violent attitude and hatred towards apostates and homosexuals

Read the first line of my reply
Original post by Fuego1

The reason why we are "perfectly decent individuals" is because our religion does not promote hatred or violence.Despite, what the media and hate groups will make you believe. Only a small percentage, who misinterpret quotes are the ones who go around giving the religion a bad rep by committing heinous acts . There is a reason, there are scholars who spend their whole lives studying the religion, to give advice. Because their is CONTEXT to everything. not just in the Quran, in every religious scripture. You could pick quotes from the Bible,Quran or other religious scriptures that will always will need further explanation by knowledgeable people. So calling our religion "not very nice" is pretty unfair.
Reply 18
Original post by tdpr_
Read the first line of my reply

all you have to do is disagree with Islam's abhorrent attitudes towards homosexuals and apostates. You refuse to do this. No one wants an islam vs apostate debate - only for u to accept that there are aspects within Islamic scriptures that promote intolerance and hatred.
Reply 19
Original post by Fuego1
all you have to do is disagree with Islam's abhorrent attitudes towards homosexuals and apostates. You refuse to do this. No one wants an islam vs apostate debate - only for u to accept that there are aspects within Islamic scriptures that promote intolerance and hatred.

There’s no need for me to do anything. These claims have been refuted an abhorrent amount of times and me doing it once more isn’t gonna make the slightest difference - you being the prime example.

Latest

Trending

Trending