The Student Room Group

UCAS tariff points from previous courses

In 2011-2013 I studied BTEC media studies and got around 80 UCAS points for this, not that many UCAS points and I decided not to embark on university.

Now in 2019 I decided to do an access course to increase my chances of getting to university and increase my UCAS points. Now I’ve applied for universities to studying Politics starting in September 2020 and the unis are saying they don’t mind what the subjects the UCAS points have come. However on my conditional offers it says nothing about my previous UCAS points and just says what I grades I need to achieve in my access course.

I know they don’t need to accept my previous qualifications but I was wondering has anyone else been able to use past qualifications they gained some years before going to university?
My Uni doesn’t consider tariff points but we wouldn’t accept quals more than three years old. There’s no hard and fast rules and it’s up to each Uni.
Original post by bcn1994
In 2011-2013 I studied BTEC media studies and got around 80 UCAS points for this, not that many UCAS points and I decided not to embark on university.

Now in 2019 I decided to do an access course to increase my chances of getting to university and increase my UCAS points. Now I’ve applied for universities to studying Politics starting in September 2020 and the unis are saying they don’t mind what the subjects the UCAS points have come. However on my conditional offers it says nothing about my previous UCAS points and just says what I grades I need to achieve in my access course.

I know they don’t need to accept my previous qualifications but I was wondering has anyone else been able to use past qualifications they gained some years before going to university?

The real point is that unis will consider qualifications that are the equivalent to a max of 3 A levels and no more.
An access course on its own is equivalent to 3 A levels so they will consider only the points from that and your other qualification is irrelevant as you cant just add them on. They are expecting you to get all the points you need from your access.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending