The Student Room Group

Expert suggests that Facebook is Conspiring to Re-Elect Trump

“I think there is a kind of informal mutual assistance operation or agreement developing between Trump and Facebook,” George Soros, 89, said Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. “Facebook will work together to re-elect Trump, and Trump will work to protect Facebook so that this situation cannot be changed and it makes me very concerned about the outcome for 2020.”

Soros has used his annual Davos speech as a platform to criticize the social media giant in the past. In 2018, he compared Facebook to a gambling company that fosters addiction among users, and last year reiterated the need to regulate technology firms.

After Soros’s 2018 Davos speech, Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg asked staff to look into whether Soros had a financial incentive to criticize the company through his holdings or trading activity. The company also hired an opposition research firm to examine whether Soros financially supported anti-Facebook groups. The decision was later uncovered in a New York Times report about Sandberg’s mishandling of crises.

https://news.yahoo.com/george-soros-says-facebook-conspiring-212200364.html
Original post by AngeryPenguin
“I think there is a kind of informal mutual assistance operation or agreement developing between Trump and Facebook,” George Soros, 89, said Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. “Facebook will work together to re-elect Trump, and Trump will work to protect Facebook so that this situation cannot be changed and it makes me very concerned about the outcome for 2020.”

Soros has used his annual Davos speech as a platform to criticize the social media giant in the past. In 2018, he compared Facebook to a gambling company that fosters addiction among users, and last year reiterated the need to regulate technology firms.

After Soros’s 2018 Davos speech, Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg asked staff to look into whether Soros had a financial incentive to criticize the company through his holdings or trading activity. The company also hired an opposition research firm to examine whether Soros financially supported anti-Facebook groups. The decision was later uncovered in a New York Times report about Sandberg’s mishandling of crises.

https://news.yahoo.com/george-soros-says-facebook-conspiring-212200364.html

He provided 0 evidence to back up his claims so once again another conspiracy theory until evidence is provided.
"Expert" turns out to be a rich old guy.

Can you stop with the clickbait bull**** titles.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
"Expert" turns out to be a rich old guy.

Can you stop with the clickbait bull**** titles.

He wouldn't be at Davos if he weren't an expert.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
He wouldn't be at Davos if he weren't an expert.

He was a hedge fund manager and now philanthropist.

I'm surprised you are promoting him, he is very critical of China.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
I'm surprised you are promoting him, he is very critical of China.

I don't censor people just because of unrelated views that they hold. And I don't even care that much about China.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending