The Student Room Group

I need your advice on Pickup.

How would you go up to a girl who offers no IOI's on their commute home?
That would mean at bus stops or train stations in the night?
Do you go in direct - Hey, thought you're cute and I'd come by. I'm ____ and you are?
Or indirect - It's bitter cold, let's not hope we get caught up in any delays or cancellations or we'll be having a long night together.

OR would you try a different tactic or don't attempt at all?
Opinions accepted.

Remember, on a Friday night at a Train station.
Don't attempt at all, both creepy sounding. Girls just trying to get home, prob to her partner.
Reply 2
Original post by YaJurton
How would you go up to a girl who offers no IOI's on their commute home?
That would mean at bus stops or train stations in the night?
Do you go in direct - Hey, thought you're cute and I'd come by. I'm ____ and you are?
Or indirect - It's bitter cold, let's not hope we get caught up in any delays or cancellations or we'll be having a long night together.

OR would you try a different tactic or don't attempt at all?
Opinions accepted.

Remember, on a Friday night at a Train station.

If you are going to approach girls with no IOI's I honestly think the best thing to do would be to stop her, and then point blank ask her if she is single. Girls are not stupid, she will guess you are romantically interested in her and if she is not interested in you she will either say "no" to the question or she will say "yes" in a hesitant way or say "yes, but....",

if you get a girl who says yes and doesn't sound hesitant then most likely she is single and open to your advances.

I learned this from approaching women in clubs, and once I approached a woman in the day asking her if she is single ..and she said "no" , and I don't know how I knew, but I just KNEW she was lying. I just knew. I decided to then not talk to her any further. I was annoyed that she had lied, but then again ...by her saying no it has just saved me some energy in trying to chat with her. The appeal of Tinder is that you can hit on a lot of girls with little effort relatively quickly. The problem though is that every other guy is doing the same thing so it becomes not so effective. If you are cold approaching in public, the reality is if you do not meet the woman's looks requirements then she is not going to be open to you. this trying to chat her up or use game is BS and doesn't not work 95% of the time. You are much better off spamming and asking a bunch of women if they are single and then concentrating on the ones who give you a positive response then wasting time on women who are not feeling you and who are not single. There was a study by okcupid which showed that copy and paste messages were more effective than hand written ones. They had a slightly lower reply rate, but you could hit on a much larger amount of women in the same time period using copy and paste than handwritten meaning you actually got more replies. The concept i'm proposing here is similar. Don't waste time chatting up girls who arn't single, and don't waste time chatting up women who don't walk to talk to you [those that lie about being single or give hesitant responses]
Original post by ANM775
If you are going to approach girls with no IOI's I honestly think the best thing to do would be to stop her, and then point blank ask her if she is single. Girls are not stupid, she will guess you are romantically interested in her and if she is not interested in you she will either say "no" to the question or she will say "yes" in a hesitant way or say "yes, but....",

if you get a girl who says yes and doesn't sound hesitant then most likely she is single and open to your advances.

I learned this from approaching women in clubs, and once I approached a woman in the day asking her if she is single ..and she said "no" , and I don't know how I knew, but I just KNEW she was lying. I just knew. I decided to then not talk to her any further. I was annoyed that she had lied, but then again ...by her saying no it has just saved me some energy in trying to chat with her. The appeal of Tinder is that you can hit on a lot of girls with little effort relatively quickly. The problem though is that every other guy is doing the same thing so it becomes not so effective. If you are cold approaching in public, the reality is if you do not meet the woman's looks requirements then she is not going to be open to you. this trying to chat her up or use game is BS and doesn't not work 95% of the time. You are much better off spamming and asking a bunch of women if they are single and then concentrating on the ones who give you a positive response then wasting time on women who are not feeling you and who are not single. There was a study by okcupid which showed that copy and paste messages were more effective than hand written ones. They had a slightly lower reply rate, but you could hit on a much larger amount of women in the same time period using copy and paste than handwritten meaning you actually got more replies. The concept i'm proposing here is similar. Don't waste time chatting up girls who arn't single, and don't waste time chatting up women who don't walk to talk to you [those that lie about being single or give hesitant responses]

Cool.
I may only go for the ones who give signals as the success rate is higher but not guaranteed.
It's harder at night however so that's my understanding and way ahead.
I only go for 1 v 1s because their friends have potential to cockblock, guard up.
Reply 4
Cool.
I may only go for the ones who give signals as the success rate is higher but not guaranteed.
I only go for 1 v 1s because their friends have potential to cockblock, guard up.

Just want to say that if a girls friends are "cockblocking" her, 99% of the time it's because that's what she wants and they're looking out for eachother
Reply 5
Cool.

Yeah, waiting for signals will yield a higher success rate.

I'm not too sure about it being harder at night though. During the day it's not really socially acceptable to kiss a woman stranger you've just met whilst during the night it is. during the day you will end with flaky numbers ...whereas if you had met that girl in a club or someplace you would have at least gotten a kiss [and then the number flakes a few days later]. for this reason, it is harder to get actual results during the day.

The day is a lot more convenient though, so i can see why day appeals to people.

I would also say another technique which i think has potential is to stand in an area with bars/pubs on a friday or saturday night, not too packed though or you won't get noticed, and every woman that walks by who you like the look at, you check her out in an obvious manor. I tried this and whilst many girls will either not notice you/ignore you/give iod's ...there will be 1 or 2 who react positively to it, and those are the girls you approach, and these are the high probability approaches. In all honesty if a girl is giving iod's when you're checking her out or just plain ignoring you, the chances of you getting anywhere from a cold approach are extremely low ..so it's better to just accept it and move on if that happens. If you're doing it, friday or saturday night then it's socially appropriate for you to be approaching/checking out girls near nightlife venues, and if they STILL arn't receptive then the reality is wasting energy and time trying to "chat them up" is not going to lead anywhere.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
Yeah, waiting for signals will yield a higher success rate.

I'm not too sure about it being harder at night though. During the day it's not really socially acceptable to kiss a woman stranger you've just met whilst during the night it is. during the day you will end with flaky numbers ...whereas if you had met that girl in a club or someplace you would have at least gotten a kiss [and then the number flakes a few days later]. for this reason, it is harder to get actual results during the day.

The day is a lot more convenient though, so i can see why day appeals to people.

I would also say another technique which i think has potential is to stand in an area with bars/pubs on a friday or saturday night, not too packed though or you won't get noticed, and every woman that walks by who you like the look at, you check her out in an obvious manor. I tried this and whilst many girls will either not notice you/ignore you/give iod's ...there will be 1 or 2 who react positively to it, and those are the girls you approach, and these are the high probability approaches. In all honesty if a girl is giving iod's when you're checking her out or just plain ignoring you, the chances of you getting anywhere from a cold approach are extremely low ..so it's better to just accept it and move on if that happens. If you're doing it, friday or saturday night then it's socially appropriate for you to be approaching/checking out girls near nightlife venues, and if they STILL arn't receptive then the reality is wasting energy and time trying to "chat them up" is not going to lead anywhere.

What if it's somewhere like public transport areas?
Reply 7
What if it's somewhere like public transport areas?

i find it works best when the girls are dressed up for a night out, so if these public transport areas have girls dressed up for nightlife then it may work. and also works best in girls in groups of 2+

a girl by herself may be too nervous/self conscious to react receptively to a guy checking her out, but if she's with her mates she will be confident
Original post by ANM775
i find it works best when the girls are dressed up for a night out, so if these public transport areas have girls dressed up for nightlife then it may work. and also works best in girls in groups of 2+

a girl by herself may be too nervous/self conscious to react receptively to a guy checking her out, but if she's with her mates she will be confident

Cheers. I'll give it a shot. Hopefully, she's responsive.
I'll let you know what I did or didn't do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending