The Student Room Group

ACA failure rate

Does anyone know what the failure / drop out rate is for students with ACA training contracts?

What do those students then go on and do?

Just considering this myself.....
Reply 1
Original post by Needadvice99
Does anyone know what the failure / drop out rate is for students with ACA training contracts?

What do those students then go on and do?

Just considering this myself.....

Of the ones I knew (this was in the North during a recession so not at all easy to find work in general):

- one went and did an MBA
- one went to do a doctorate at Oxford
- two went into accounts recruitment - one of these is on my linkedin and is very successful
- most went into industry/ financial services companies. Of interest I don't think any had particular problems passing ACCA or CIMA exams - all seemed to qualify pretty quickly.

I don't recall any struggling to find work and that was at a time when jobs were hard to come by. It might have helped that the exams were more spaced out in those days so the main point of failure was after about 2 years.
Original post by ajj2000
Of the ones I knew (this was in the North during a recession so not at all easy to find work in general):

- one went and did an MBA
- one went to do a doctorate at Oxford
- two went into accounts recruitment - one of these is on my linkedin and is very successful
- most went into industry/ financial services companies. Of interest I don't think any had particular problems passing ACCA or CIMA exams - all seemed to qualify pretty quickly.

I don't recall any struggling to find work and that was at a time when jobs were hard to come by. It might have helped that the exams were more spaced out in those days so the main point of failure was after about 2 years.

Thanks! I was just wondering what the general attrition rate is, especially given that the online testing for graduates knocks out a lot of applicants.
Reply 3
Original post by Needadvice99
Thanks! I was just wondering what the general attrition rate is, especially given that the online testing for graduates knocks out a lot of applicants.

I’m fascinated to know! Historically it was pretty low, but I wonder whether with front loading exams and relaxing a level criteria that might change.

Quick Reply

Latest