The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Masters Loan January Start Issues

Hi,
I've been trying to resolve an issue with my postgraduate masters loan for the last couple of months and it's driving me mad!

I was applying for the loan for January start 2020 at Oxford Brookes for an MSc in Business & Marketing Management.
For some reason the confirmation of entitlement came back as an application for the September start program.
I was then advised that all I needed to do was to update the details of the course start date on the online portal.
This was not possible so I was advised to send a CO1.
This was sent and now I've received a reply by post that "the course name you gave us does not match anything on our list of eligible courses"
This cannot be possible as I already received an entitlement letter from sfe for this course!

This is starting to cause me serious issues as I've already had to pay out the first tuition fee instalment out of my pocket and has burned quite a hole in the finances.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan
You need to nag Oxford Brookes. They update the course details and dates on the funding portal.
Original post by amslewis
Hi,
I've been trying to resolve an issue with my postgraduate masters loan for the last couple of months and it's driving me mad!

I was applying for the loan for January start 2020 at Oxford Brookes for an MSc in Business & Marketing Management.
For some reason the confirmation of entitlement came back as an application for the September start program.
I was then advised that all I needed to do was to update the details of the course start date on the online portal.
This was not possible so I was advised to send a CO1.
This was sent and now I've received a reply by post that "the course name you gave us does not match anything on our list of eligible courses"
This cannot be possible as I already received an entitlement letter from sfe for this course!

This is starting to cause me serious issues as I've already had to pay out the first tuition fee instalment out of my pocket and has burned quite a hole in the finances.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,

You will need to speak with your course provider to ensure they have your course details updated on our database.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 3
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi Alan,

You will need to speak with your course provider to ensure they have your course details updated on our database.

Thanks, Erin

Hi Erin,

Thank you for your response. I've spoken to the University and they've informed me that the course details have been updated on the database (course code: 864310).
But I'm a little bit confused about what I need to do next with this? Should I submit another CO1?

Thanks,
Alan
Hi Erin,

Thank you for your response. I've spoken to the University and they've informed me that the course details have been updated on the database (course code: 864310).
But I'm a little bit confused about what I need to do next with this? Should I submit another CO1?

Thanks,
Alan

When did you last send us a CO1 form?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 5
When did you last send us a CO1 form?

Thanks, Erin

It was sent last week (arrived with SFE on Monday 20th January) I got the letter informing me of "ineligibility" on Saturday 25th.

Thanks,
Alan
It was sent last week (arrived with SFE on Monday 20th January) I got the letter informing me of "ineligibility" on Saturday 25th.

Thanks,
Alan

If you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter we will be able to refer this over for you.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 7
If you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter we will be able to refer this over for you.

Thanks, Erin

Ok, thank you. I have now sent a DM to the SFE facebook account.

Thanks,
Alan
Ok, thank you. I have now sent a DM to the SFE facebook account.

Thanks,
Alan

Great, one of the team will get that referred over for you.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest