The Student Room Group

Parents wont late me vape

I am 18 and my parents wont let me vape. I have wanted to vape since about maybe 14 or 15 and I thought maybe when im 18 Ill be an adult so I can choose if I want to or not but I asked my parents if I can now Im 18 but they are still saying no. Ive tried it from these people from college and told my parents but they were ok. I just dont know why they wont let me buy one, I get if it was standard cigs or shisha but its not its e cig they wont let me even have none nicotine ones which I really dont know why. None nicotine isnt addictive its like none alcohol beer but that is pointless but non nicotine e cigs i can see a point in because its still vaping. I only want to just get one disposable one then if I dont like it I wont get it again.
I have posted before about this but ive asked again if I can do nicotine free ones but they still wont let me so can anyone help? Id apreciate it

Scroll to see replies

Oh dear
Whats the point of vaping, it has no benefits whatsoever
Jesus Christ dude,

You don't need to vape. Your parents just don't want you inhaling ****ing chemicals into your lungs that might potentially cause you harm and you're complaining?

The reality is you're an adult now. If you want to go out and buy 100 cigarettes and smoke them in a day that's your prerogative and nobody can stop you.

Anyway, vaping looks and is ****ing pathetic. Why do you even want to vape if you're not getting the benefits of nicotine? I don't even get it. Listen to your parents.
Dude. Why smoke, vape or do any of that **** when you can just do this?...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvRpaPeY55s
Really helped me out. Hope this helps.
Reply 5
Original post by abcthe123
Jesus Christ dude,

You don't need to vape. Your parents just don't want you inhaling ****ing chemicals into your lungs that might potentially cause you harm and you're complaining?

The reality is you're an adult now. If you want to go out and buy 100 cigarettes and smoke them in a day that's your prerogative and nobody can stop you.

Anyway, vaping looks and is ****ing pathetic. Why do you even want to vape if you're not getting the benefits of nicotine? I don't even get it. Listen to your parents.

I just want to try something new because ive tried diffrent types of alcohol, dont want to try actual smoking but i just want to try vaping because its new. Its a new gadget basically
Reply 6
Original post by hasnat614
Dude. Why smoke, vape or do any of that **** when you can just do this?...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvRpaPeY55s
Really helped me out. Hope this helps.

Its not about the smoke, its the vaping device im intrested in
Reply 7
Original post by User140
There’s no benefit whatsoever to a nicotine free e-cigarette. You’d be a complete idiot wasting your money on one.

Its fun though trying new things
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
It’s not a gadget you complete and utter moron.

Please be nice
I just want to try something new because ive tried diffrent types of alcohol, dont want to try actual smoking but i just want to try vaping because its new. Its a new gadget basically

New gadget? Go get the new iPhone or something.
Hey man, if you wanna go around smelling like tutti frutti and candyfloss, who are they to tell you, you can't! :dontknow:
Original post by ghostmalone
New gadget? Go get your wanting-to-increase-chances-of-lung-disease-ass the new iPhone or something.

Ive got a phone an e cig is something diffrent
Its fun though trying new things

If you think moldy crystallised lungs are fun go for it
Original post by abcthe123
Jesus Christ dude,

^ this!

Stop keep posting the same damn question :argh:

It doesn't matter if it's nicotine free or not, vaping is still bad.
You're going to get the same answers.

Stop moaning about it on TSR :colonhash:
Ive got a phone an e cig is something diffrent

Be honest, is it to look cool? Because smelling like a candy-floss unicorn..
Fine
My heart actually sank when I read the title cause I thought it said something else
Why'd you want to vape? I mean sure, if it's not addictive go for it. But vaping doesn't even do anything apart from have largely unknown effects on your lungs if you're literally just vaping flavours.
You're an adult, just get one yourself. Or don't, vaping looks pretty embarrassing.
Original post by tubphonecase
Why'd you want to vape? I mean sure, if it's not addictive go for it. But vaping doesn't even do anything apart from have largely unknown effects on your lungs if you're literally just vaping flavours.
You're an adult, just get one yourself. Or don't, vaping looks pretty embarrassing.

Ive been put off it now, ive spoke to parents and they said im not a chav vaping at the bus stop. Also Ive seen people cough on it on youtube and I dont want to choke on it.
Ive been put off it now, ive spoke to parents and they said im not a chav vaping at the bus stop. Also Ive seen people cough on it on youtube and I dont want to choke on it.

I mean, it's going to happen. You're inhaling vapour thicker than air. It's rarely an issue, it's mainly sub-ohm stuff that people will cough on because of the sheer amount of vapour a sub-ohm coil can produce, though if someone makes you laugh... Good luck regardless. I've noticed phlegm can cause some issues as well, probably just some nic or something getting absorbed by it and irritating your throat.

That being said, I wouldn't bother vaping if you're not using nic. While it is safer than smoking, the truly long term effects (I'm talking about the stuff you find out after a near lifetime of doing it, not just like 10 years or so) are still a bit up in the air. The main concern is flavourings (there was a scare a few years back with diacetyl which caused popcorn lung) and metals, PG and VG is already widely used in the food industry and are known to be harmless. It is important to note that as of yet, there have been absolutely zero injuries or deaths caused by vaping off the shelf products. Issues so far have been either user error (improper battery care, improper use of non-regulated mods) or bootleg juices (much like bootleg cigs, they can contain all sorts of nasty sh*t) No point risking it (even if there's little risk at all) just for the sake of a flavoured cloud.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending