The Student Room Group

Girls aren't attracted to me.

I don't want this to come across like I'm begging for sympathy, just looking for some genuine advice without sounding too soppy.

I'm 20 and I've never been in a relationship- yet it feels like everybody around me has, and because of that I just feel defective. I've never had any interest shown to me by girls/women and it feels pretty ****ty.

I tend to have good chemistry with everybody that I meet, girls and guys and I have plenty of friends. I'm in good shape and I work out often. I always try my best to dress well and smell good too, something people tend to notice; yet it seems to get me nowhere.

I don't know if people see me and just think I'm ugly but I guess that's the only explanation.

I heard an older male colleague of mine the other day talking about me and how I'm "definitely a virgin", and it's like what am I supposed to even do? I'm not remotely bitter or mad whatsoever about any of this, just disapointed in myself.

I don't care about what other people think and I'm far more mature than that, but there's obviously a reason why he said this.

I'm contempt with being single and I do pretty much everything on my own but I don't want to be like this for good.

Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

I assure you there has been at least one person who has found you attractive like strangers walking down streets or like somebody u went/ are going to school with but they were too shy to say so. You won’t be single forever you’re only 20 and have got quite a while left to find somebody and as for your male colleague I think he’s just a **** with major ego issues because how the hell do u tell if someone’s a virgin or not unless you’ve got a stereotypical mindset or something but there isn’t anything to be ashamed of (if u are) about never being with a women/girl there are loads of people that don’t get into relationships until late 20s or early 30s as long as your happy don’t worry about it too much.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I assure you there has been at least one person who has found you attractive like strangers walking down streets or like somebody u went/ are going to school with but they were too shy to say so. You won’t be single forever you’re only 20 and have got quite a while left to find somebody and as for your male colleague I think he’s just a **** with major ego issues because how the hell do u tell if someone’s a virgin or not unless you’ve got a stereotypical mindset or something but there isn’t anything to be ashamed of (if u are) about never being with a women/girl there are loads of people that don’t get into relationships until late 20s or early 30s as long as your happy don’t worry about it too much.

Lots of people don't get into relationships until later on sure but I can't help feel like I am wasting my current years when I could be enjoying them like everybody else
I'm 33 and have never been kissed or even been on a date. Hope that makes you feel a little better
Reply 4
I'm 33 and have never been kissed or even been on a date. Hope that makes you feel a little better

It doesn't? But thanks for your contribution I suppose :l
Have you tried asking a girl out? Most girls won't make the first move typically, even if the guy is attractive or has a lot of good qualities- thats just the way it is. Maybe try talking to a girl that you like and/or asking her out if you haven't already, and if you get rejected then you'll be in the same position as before so it doesn't really matter.
Reply 6
Original post by oksafebye
Have you tried asking a girl out? Most girls won't make the first move typically, even if the guy is attractive or has a lot of good qualities- thats just the way it is. Maybe try talking to a girl that you like and/or asking her out if you haven't already, and if you get rejected then you'll be in the same position as before so it doesn't really matter.

Ask who out though lol. I'm not attracted to anybody that I work with and I don't really meet anyone else out side of my job, nor do I have time for hobbies especially when I include commuting and what not.

I'm just hopeless I guess.
Ask who out though lol. I'm not attracted to anybody that I work with and I don't really meet anyone else out side of my job, nor do I have time for hobbies especially when I include commuting and what not.

there's your problem
you cant expect girls to just flock to you when you see the same people every day at work and you dont do anything else
you complain about no girls finding you attractive but theres no girls TO find you attractive
even the most attractive person will stay single for their whole life if they dont attempt to find someone
go on tinder or something, i believe in you
I don't want this to come across like I'm begging for sympathy, just looking for some genuine advice without sounding too soppy.

I'm 20 and I've never been in a relationship- yet it feels like everybody around me has, and because of that I just feel defective. I've never had any interest shown to me by girls/women and it feels pretty ****ty.

I tend to have good chemistry with everybody that I meet, girls and guys and I have plenty of friends. I'm in good shape and I work out often. I always try my best to dress well and smell good too, something people tend to notice; yet it seems to get me nowhere.

I don't know if people see me and just think I'm ugly but I guess that's the only explanation.

I heard an older male colleague of mine the other day talking about me and how I'm "definitely a virgin", and it's like what am I supposed to even do? I'm not remotely bitter or mad whatsoever about any of this, just disapointed in myself.

I don't care about what other people think and I'm far more mature than that, but there's obviously a reason why he said this.

I'm contempt with being single and I do pretty much everything on my own but I don't want to be like this for good.

Any advice?

Same here mate
It’s ok you’ll find someone.I mean I’ve never been with anyone either and that’s what I keep telling myself.You’re probably not as ugly as you think either.When the times right someone will come along.
What makes you think you’re ugly
Original post by oksafebye
there's your problem
you cant expect girls to just flock to you when you see the same people every day at work and you dont do anything else
you complain about no girls finding you attractive but theres no girls TO find you attractive
even the most attractive person will stay single for their whole life if they dont attempt to find someone
go on tinder or something, i believe in you

The thing about Tinder is that frankly I don't feel like I can even compare to guys my own age or even guys younger than me. I don't think anyone will take me seriously so I don't want to end up in a position like that feeling worse than when I began.

How many girls your age do you work with? Howcomes you don't find a single one attractive??
How many girls your age do you work with? Howcomes you don't find a single one attractive??

For the most part there aren't any girls my age, all of them are older and I look young anyway. I only know like 3 other girls around my age and they're all in relationships.
What if you prefer guys....just a thought
What if you prefer guys....just a thought

I definitely don't.
I definitely don't.

Ah ok.Don’t worry you’re young your time will come

Any advice?

Bro, Im almost exactly the same.
I'm 19 tho. I've had girls come up to me and say 'ewww'. Thats how much they dont give a ****.
Just know your not alone:smile:
Dating apps and if you're open to trans that's going to be a plus
Dating apps and if you're open to trans that's going to be a plus

I'm not confident enough for dating apps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending