The Student Room Group

My GF farts in her sleep

Hi,

We've being together for a few months and recently moved in together. I've noticed that she farts a lot in her sleep which is starting to annoy me. I don't know how to tell her without it being awkward so I've just ignored it. It is extremely loud and wakes me up (I'm a light sleeper). I think it could be due to her diet, she eats a lot of junk food before she sleeps. What should I do?

Thanks in advance
She can't exactly help it, just maybe suggest changing her diet and see if it changes.
Lots of people do this
It’s actually really normal. Everyone farts in their sleep
Reply 4
If you get work up by a fart then are you even really asleep? That seems more than light sleeping.
I was in the same situation around 7months ago. Honestly after it happened for a few nights constantly and I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t do it. So I dumped her.

As I’ve always said.. If she’s a farter, she ain’t a keeper
Say that you farted in your sleep did she hear you and see what she says...I doubt she’ll admit it but worth the shot right
Reply 7
Talk to her about it, otherwise it'll be very irritating and cause you further problems.

Original post by Bio 7
If you get work up by a fart then are you even really asleep? That seems more than light sleeping.

He did say its extremely loud, plus farts do vibrate so that could also have woken him up
Reply 8
Original post by kkboyk
Talk to her about it, otherwise it'll be very irritating and cause you further problems.

He did say its extremely loud, plus farts do vibrate so that could also have woken him up

It's still just a fart. I assume breathing is also going to do it if the farting stops.

This is just too funny to take seriously.
Okay but like, what do you expect her to do about it?
It's a fart, it's natural. It can't be helped.
Reply 10
Original post by Bio 7
It's still just a fart. I assume breathing is also going to do it if the farting stops.

This is just too funny to take seriously.

A fart can still be very loud, just as loud as a bedroom door being banged.
She can’t do anything about it but it’s not his fault either! Sometimes, especially when you’re young, you need things to actually go really well with a person to feel like you want to stay with them. It just so happens that tonight my gf is doing this and I was just looking to see if there was a reason.

PERSONALLY - I don’t really mind, I’ll just laugh and move on but if it was waking me up - that is a serious issue for me because my sleep schedule is very fragile and I would struggle to get back to sleep. If it isn’t his fault, you can’t blame him for just moving on to find someone better suited to him.

It is just a fart but in terms of a relationship failing, it plays a bit part
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending