The Student Room Group

Queen Mary GPA Requirement

I just got a conditional offer from Queen Mary which says I need to have 5,5,4 in my Advanced Placements (I went to an American school so I took those rather than A levels) and a 3.3 GPA (Grade Point Average). My current AP scores are 5,5,5,4 and I'm predicted 4,4,4,4,5 for the exams I'm taking this year, however, my GPA is likely going to be 3.0-3.1.
Is there anything I can do like email them? Do you guys think It's worth doing?
Original post by maxoples123
I just got a conditional offer from Queen Mary which says I need to have 5,5,4 in my Advanced Placements (I went to an American school so I took those rather than A levels) and a 3.3 GPA (Grade Point Average). My current AP scores are 5,5,5,4 and I'm predicted 4,4,4,4,5 for the exams I'm taking this year, however, my GPA is likely going to be 3.0-3.1.

You can email Queen Mary's Admissions team and explain the situation - see what they say and let us know. It may be that you need an Insurance choice uni with a lower GPA requirement
hey, i applied (from canada) with predicted ap scores as well! i'm still waiting on 4/5 decisions and while the one i got was conditional based on a percentage average, i'm pretty sure that if i get any other offers they'll be ap based. i'm in 5 aps right now (+ capstone but i heard that it doesn't count in the uk) and am kinda really worried/not sure what an ap offer will look like

are your ap conditions specific to particular subjects/exams? did they give you conditions for all your exams? you said that you need 5,5,4 - does that mean you just need to meet conditions for 3 of your exams?

thanks!
Original post by maxoples123

Original post by alishama
hey, i applied (from canada) with predicted ap scores as well! i'm still waiting on 4/5 decisions and while the one i got was conditional based on a percentage average, i'm pretty sure that if i get any other offers they'll be ap based. i'm in 5 aps right now (+ capstone but i heard that it doesn't count in the uk) and am kinda really worried/not sure what an ap offer will look like

are your ap conditions specific to particular subjects/exams? did they give you conditions for all your exams? you said that you need 5,5,4 - does that mean you just need to meet conditions for 3 of your exams?

thanks!

omg i trust you have visited QMuL... i wouldn't come all the way from North America to study at Queen Mary, in spite of it's decent reputation for research...
Original post by A Rolling Stone
omg i trust you have visited QMuL... i wouldn't come all the way from North America to study at Queen Mary, in spite of it's decent reputation for research...

omg lmao i meant to say that i applied to uk schools from north america as well! i didn't apply to QMUL - i applied to KCL, LSE, UCL and edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending