The Student Room Group

Daily Mindfulness Tip // Mental Health

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
Try to notice one new thing today. 👀

nice and simple 👍
Make a plan of how you'll attain your goals. Be as specific as possible - even write down a checklist of action items. 😊
Begin each meal with 3 mindful bites. 🍜
Begin each meal with 3 mindful bites. 🍜

😊👍👍
When someone is talking to you, try to give them your undivided attention. 👂
Remember that healthy levels of good stress can inspire innovation and even energise you. 😅
You shouldn't trust every thought that comes into your head. 🙈

So true :sadnod:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
So true :sadnod:

thanks 😊 was esp worried about that one as I didn't want to encourage paranoia of thoughts being inserted in their head(don't ask where I got that from :rolleyes:)

And I also feel that lots of them deal in generalisations and may be over positive
Reply 49

Yeah! But I kinda like myself
Original post by grKiro
Yeah! But I kinda like myself

I don't get what you mean
Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?

MARCUS AURELIUS, Meditations
Whenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?

MARCUS AURELIUS, Meditations

only one? sweetie I have a book bigger than the bible full self criticism. But I try to avoid pointing other people don't when I see them. it's not my place to. they don't need me making their lives worse.
Original post by WhisperWillow
only one? sweetie I have a book bigger than the bible full self criticism. But I try to avoid pointing other people don't when I see them. it's not my place to. they don't need me making their lives worse.

:biggrin:
Extend a moment of gratitude whenever you become aware of your mind wandering, and are able to renew your focus. 👏
Bring joy to one person today. Think about the kind of joy you can offer. 😊
In each conversation, make an effort to notice the underlying feeling or emotion. 👐
Whether you’re feeling bored, sad, irritated, angry or frustrated give relaxed attention to the emotion, as if you were watching an outsider. This can diffuse negative emotion and help you become calm.
Start your morning with writing or wind up the day on the page. Focus on sensory details. Or write about your life as a passive observer. This will help limit judgement as you check in with your emotions and thoughts on the
page. It can also help with awareness of emotions.
Sorry for the missed updates! 😔

You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. If you accept yourself for who you are, you'll make people happy by just being around them. 👥

Quick Reply

Latest