The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Postgrad Forum 2020/2021

Hey, I just received an offer to study a MSc at Warwick Business School.

My Questions:

1) Has anyone else got an offer, If so what are you going to be studying?

2)What accommodation will you be applying to and when will you be applying for it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

My Questions:

2)What accommodation will you be applying to and when will you be applying for it?

Hello!

Congratulations on your offer, that's great news! What course did you apply for? If there is anything you would like to know about your course in particular or any questions relating to campus life please don't hesitate to ask me :smile:

On-campus accommodation is available for postgraduate students however demand for them is very high the nearest accommodation to Warwick Business School is Lakeside and Heronbank.

Many of our postgraduate students rent off-campus in the nearby areas of Earlsdon, Kenilworth and Leamington Spa which all have excellent transport links to campus.

Francesca
WBS Official Rep
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Warwick Business School
Hello!

Congratulations on your offer, that's great news! What course did you apply for? If there is anything you would like to know about your course in particular or any questions relating to campus life please don't hesitate to ask me :smile:

On-campus accommodation is available for postgraduate students however demand for them is very high the nearest accommodation to Warwick Business School is Lakeside and Heronbank.

Many of our postgraduate students rent off-campus in the nearby areas of Earlsdon, Kenilworth and Leamington Spa which all have excellent transport links to campus.

Francesca
WBS Official Rep

I was just wondering what the career prospects were like for Business with Consulting MSc, it only states recent graduates who work at:
Deloitte (Milan, Italy) Analyst Consultant
PWC Graduate Entry Scheme
KPMG Graduate Auditor
rbl Brand Agency Strategy & Client Support Officer
IBM Analyst
Capco Management Consultant

Is there a longer list that I could obtain somehow? To give me confidence that I will get a good job following graduation? I am just skeptical, as I want to ensure the tuition fees/accomodation cost of £40,000 which I'll be self funding is worth it?
I was just wondering what the career prospects were like for Business with Consulting MSc, it only states recent graduates who work at:
Deloitte (Milan, Italy) Analyst Consultant
PWC Graduate Entry Scheme
KPMG Graduate Auditor
rbl Brand Agency Strategy & Client Support Officer
IBM Analyst
Capco Management Consultant

Is there a longer list that I could obtain somehow? To give me confidence that I will get a good job following graduation? I am just skeptical, as I want to ensure the tuition fees/accomodation cost of £40,000 which I'll be self funding is worth it?

Hello :smile:

Have you seen our graduate destinations brochure? This has some more detailed information about our MSc Business and Consulting graduates such as average salary, which countries our graduates go on to work in, job titles our graduates hold, business sectors they work in etc.

If you follow the attached link to our careers section of the MSc Business with Consulting webpage:
https://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/business-consulting/careers/#more

Then click on: 'Download the graduate destinations brochure for our Business portfolio of courses' - pages 8-9 focus on MSc Business and Consulting careers information.

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions please let me know.

Francesca
WBS Official Rep

My Questions:

Hey! Congratulations on your offer! I applied to Msc Finance last week, and today I got a mail from them saying "Our Postgraduate Admissions Service have recently confirmed a decision on your application to Warwick. They’ll be sending you an e-mail with full details on their decision so if you haven’t received it yet, do look out for it." So I was really nervous, but then I got another mail a few hours later saying "Oops! You may have recently received an email telling you that we have made a decision about your application. Unfortunately, this was sent in error. The Admissions team is still making their decision about your application and will be in contact with an outcome soon."

So I have no other option other than to wait for the decision with a lot of anxiety. :/. When did you apply and when did they give out the offer?
Original post by PacificRose
Hey! Congratulations on your offer! I applied to Msc Finance last week, and today I got a mail from them saying "Our Postgraduate Admissions Service have recently confirmed a decision on your application to Warwick. They’ll be sending you an e-mail with full details on their decision so if you haven’t received it yet, do look out for it." So I was really nervous, but then I got another mail a few hours later saying "Oops! You may have recently received an email telling you that we have made a decision about your application. Unfortunately, this was sent in error. The Admissions team is still making their decision about your application and will be in contact with an outcome soon."

So I have no other option other than to wait for the decision with a lot of anxiety. :/. When did you apply and when did they give out the offer?

Hello @PacificRose :smile:

It is great to see that you have applied for our MSc Finance course at Warwick Business School.

Try not to feel too anxious I know it's not a nice feeling having to wait for a decision but hopefully, it won't be long before you have one! We have received a large volume of applications this year, meaning that our admissions process is taking a little longer than usual, as we are still taking the time to review all applications thoroughly.

I hope this reassures you that your application is being processed and our Postgraduate Admissions will respond to you as soon as possible. :h:

Best of luck!

Francesca
WBS Official Rep
Reply 6

My Questions:

Congratulations on getting your offer! I got mine quite recently. Got admitted into the Msc Marketing & Strategy course. What course have you applied to?

I'm torn between Heronbank and Lakeside halls of residence. Both look great and are close to the WBS building. However, I'd like to hear from current students if there are any problems in those particular halls of residence. I plan on applying for accommodations as soon as the applications open (sometime in April).
Reply 7
Original post by addisbad
Congratulations on getting your offer! I got mine quite recently. Got admitted into the Msc Marketing & Strategy course. What course have you applied to?

I'm torn between Heronbank and Lakeside halls of residence. Both look great and are close to the WBS building. However, I'd like to hear from current students if there are any problems in those particular halls of residence. I plan on applying for accommodations as soon as the applications open (sometime in April).

Congrats on you offer ! I applied for Msc Mathematical Finance but I haven't heard from Warwick. If you don't mind me asking when did you submit your application and how long did it take for the uni to give you an offer ?
Reply 8
Original post by coleyxx
Congrats on you offer ! I applied for Msc Mathematical Finance but I haven't heard from Warwick. If you don't mind me asking when did you submit your application and how long did it take for the uni to give you an offer ?

I applied on the 3rd of October and heard back from WBS with an offer on 9th December.
Reply 9
Have you gotten a response yet? I applied for the same course around the same time as you, I am still waiting though...
Original post by PacificRose

Hey!
Did you receive a reply yet?
When exactly did you apply?
I have applied for the same course, still awaiting a response!
Reply 11
Original post by Kropposites
Hey!
Did you receive a reply yet?
When exactly did you apply?
I have applied for the same course, still awaiting a response!

Hey I am not PacificRose, but I applied 1. dec (Msc Finance) and got my offer on 7. feb. That should give you some indication on when you get your response, good luck :smile:
Original post by lsegmat
Hey I am not PacificRose, but I applied 1. dec (Msc Finance) and got my offer on 7. feb. That should give you some indication on when you get your response, good luck :smile:

Hi! 9 weeks waiting is really a long wait! Im on my week 4 and Im nervous....would you mind sharing your profile?
Original post by lsegmat

Thanks a lot!
Congratulations on the offer!
I hope I get a reply soon!
Are you an international student?
Reply 14
Original post by Kropposites
Thanks a lot!
Congratulations on the offer!
I hope I get a reply soon!
Are you an international student?

Thanks!
Yes, from the EU.
Hi! I've recently been accepted to the PhD programme at the mathematics department, at Warwick.

I've been nominated for the Chancellor's international scholarship by the math department. I would like to know what are my chances of getting the scholarship (roughly...)

I tried to find official stats but didn't find it anywhere.
I also got an offer for a Msc in Warwick; Biotechnology bioprocessing and bussiness management. I'm not 100% sure to accept it, as I am from Spain and moving abroad is challenging and daunting. What are the best accommodations for postgraduates? Is coventry a good option or it is too far from campus?
If I have more doubts, can I talk to former students? Does someone have experience in studying abroad?
(PS. I got my offer 7 weeks after I applied)
Reply 17
I've received an offer for Business Analytics, when can we start applying for accommodation?
Original post by yauyoyo
I've received an offer for Business Analytics, when can we start applying for accommodation?

Hello @yauyoyo :smile:

Congratulations on your offer to study MSc Business Analytics at WBS!

Postgraduate accommodation application should open in April approximately. The Warwick Accommodation Team will be publishing information on accommodation choices and prices for 2020/21 entry on the Warwick Accommodation website in the next couple of weeks, so I would recommend keeping an eye on this website for further information - https://warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/apply/

If you have any other questions I can help with please feel free to ask.

Francesca
Has anyone applied for MSc Tunnelling and Underground Space?

Quick Reply

Latest