Blodwen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Interested in getting some feedback from anyone studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology A levels currently. A change of school is daunting and wondering what people think of the teaching compared to their old schools. Are student staff relationships good? Is the teaching good in what like a different sort of atmosphere?
ellaeckersley
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Blodwen)
Interested in getting some feedback from anyone studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology A levels currently. A change of school is daunting and wondering what people think of the teaching compared to their old schools. Are student staff relationships good? Is the teaching good in what like a different sort of atmosphere?
I recently moved to a new school. I'm moved from the UK to Shanghai in China. I am currently doing AS & A level for Bio,Chem,Physics and Psychology. I am in year 12. i have struggled at my new school to get to grips due to some reasons. I attended my last school for 7 years so my catheters knew me very well and knew the teaching style that suited and benefited me best. But you can develop new student-teacher relationships by showing your strengths and weaknesses within your subject. Ask for help etc. It is a bit awkward at first because they don't really know you but I do prefer the teachings at my old school but I am trying to put in more effort outside of school on my own revision. A the teachers can teach you the syllabuses but you need to take time yourself to be able to fully understand it i guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (49)
31.41%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.15%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.97%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.28%

Watched Threads