The Student Room Group

Reject the propaganda 50p

The government's new Brexit propaganda 50p is entering circulation on Friday. It bears the inscription "Peace, prosperity and friendship with all nations". As a Twitter user points out on #Brexit50p, "this is from a government whose own analysis says Brexit undermines UK security and economic prosperity and who compared the nations of Europe to the nazis during negotiations."
https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brexit50p?src=hashtag_click

50p.jpg

Apart from this sounding more like a UN coin, it is clearly intended as government propaganda. They were going to release one some time ago, but it was cancelled at the last minute at a cost to the taxpayer of more than £3m. Presumably this new piece of replacement Leave propaganda is similarly priced.

Lots of people are going to insist on not having them in change. Join us in rejecting the new right wing Tory propaganda 50p.

David Schneider paraphrases Orwell:

"Ignorance is strength"
"Freedom is slavery"
"Peace is leaving the biggest peace project in history"
"Prosperity is slashing growth, ****ing business & torching jobs"
"Friendship to all nations is cutting yourself off from & abusing 27 of them"
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God that man looks like a creepy Halloween lantern.

lmao that smug face, we'll lose frictionless trade with our biggest trade partner, and rights to live and work in 27 countries, and GDP losses of 1.2-4.5%..

but.... 50p coins and blue passports for all :smile:
The only people using cash in 2020 are people avoiding tax and people buying drugs.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet

lmao that smug face, we'll lose frictionless trade with our biggest trade partner, and rights to live and work in 27 countries, and GDP losses of 1.2-4.5%..

but.... 50p coins and blue passports for all :smile:

We should all be wary of the schemes and strategems of Sauron the Deceiver.
Reply 5
Personally i can't wait until these remoaners reveal themselves arguing with the shopkeepers and holding up the ques. It is a classic British excuse to loudly 'tut' and remark 'things with better in my day' before then entering a tirade against these young folk who have no respect for society.
Original post by Rakas21
Personally i can't wait until these remoaners reveal themselves arguing with the shopkeepers and holding up the ques. It is a classic British excuse to loudly 'tut' and remark 'things with better in my day' before then entering a tirade against these young folk who have no respect for society.

I will personally help the remainers cause here, totally selflessly I am prepared to accept all of these nasty unwanted coins that might happen to tarnish your bum bags.
I will set up a PO Box and publish the details when the time is right.
Or is this yet more hyperbole from the salty ones.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet

Omds this killed me
Original post by ColinDent
I will personally help the remainers cause here, totally selflessly I am prepared to accept all of these nasty unwanted coins that might happen to tarnish your bum bags.
I will set up a PO Box and publish the details when the time is right.
Or is this yet more hyperbole from the salty ones.

My hope is that someone will set up a sensible recycling facility. The resulting cash can then be used to help lone child refugees, rejected by Tory MPs who feel they can partake in deeply racist votes with impunity given the race hate atmosphere that Brexit has stimulated and been provoked by.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
The only people using cash in 2020 are people avoiding tax and people buying drugs.

Er hmmm
And some of us oldies!!!!
Original post by Fullofsurprises
My hope is that someone will set up a sensible recycling facility. The resulting cash can then be used to help lone child refugees, rejected by Tory MPs who feel they can partake in deeply racist votes with impunity given the race hate atmosphere that Brexit has stimulated and been provoked by.

Yawn.

Honestly have you nothing else to worry about? I find it hilarious how the true colours of the tiny group of remainers with large gobs are showing. Had a particular giggle at lord heseltine's recent comments, it really really is pathetic.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hip Hip Huawei !!!!
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Omds this killed me

Someone please deal sensibly with the Precious.
Original post by Rakas21

Bothering us with their newfangled 50p pieces and their neo-fascist mind control games.
boris.jpg
Original post by Sammylou40
Er hmmm
And some of us oldies!!!!

I vaguely remember cash. Wasn't it used to bribe politicians with?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
boris.jpg

Why is Boris Johnson flipping coins with Gollum?

anyway
They minted a special 50p when we joined the EEC
They minted a special 50p when we'd been in for 25 years
They minted a special 50p when we held presidency

surely 3 out of 4 ain't bad - as Meatloaf might have sung.
I’d be happy to take them off your hands FoS. 😉😛

I don’t see the point of getting worked up about it. Im fairly sure we had a coin when we joined, and we have a special coin now. Governments always release special edition coins to commemorate events. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a VE Day one.
It would be a good idea to create a fancy bin where people throw their 50ps inside while I pretend as if I’m organising a protest :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending