The Student Room Group

Fired from big 4

I am currently undertaking the graduate scheme at one of the big 4 firms and as part of the scheme, I am doing the ICAS qualification. There are 12 exams in total. 6 first level exams, 4 second level exams and then the case study and an ethics exam. I have passed 7/12 exams first time but have failed one of them twice. I am scared that I am probably gonna get fired so I was wondering what are my next options if I do get fired??
Original post by Abzstar05
I am currently undertaking the graduate scheme at one of the big 4 firms and as part of the scheme, I am doing the ICAS qualification. There are 12 exams in total. 6 first level exams, 4 second level exams and then the case study and an ethics exam. I have passed 7/12 exams first time but have failed one of them twice. I am scared that I am probably gonna get fired so I was wondering what are my next options if I do get fired??

Did they mention anything specific in your contract about getting your employment terminated if you fail to pass exams after a certain number of tries etc?

If no, then I would assume you will get a chance to resit and make it right.
what are the big 4
Reply 3
1. Were there any mitigating circumstances? Speak to your manager and make your case. They might exercise some discretion.

2. If you do get fired, get in contact with recruiters asap. You should be able to land a job as a part-qualified accountant. What department were you in?

Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Abzstar05

How long have you worked there?

Quick Reply

Latest