The Student Room Group

my journey to university.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IH8Studying
So I got an invitation for an interview at Edge Hill. I’m really happy about that! Just really nervous about how I’m going to get from London to Edge hill. I never travel very far places alone.

I could give you some ideas and options for how to get there and back if you want.
Original post by Appirition
I could give you some ideas and options for how to get there and back if you want.

that would be nice pls!
that would be nice pls!

PM me the location you're starting from, date of travel, & time you need to arrive by
3/5 interviews
Bradford
Edge hill
Keele

Edge hill has the lowest UCAS points (104)
4/5 interviews :biggrin: ❤️
Not that confident about the group work interview. But I’ll be okay I guess

I just want one offer tbh idc
(edited 4 years ago)

:woo:
Original post by Obolinda
:woo:

💓x

I just want one offer tbh idc

You will get at least one offer, possibly more.
Be confident in yourself and your abilities. You can do this.

4/5 - which one was foolish enough to not offer you an interview?
Original post by Appirition
You will get at least one offer, possibly more.
Be confident in yourself and your abilities. You can do this.

4/5 - which one was foolish enough to not offer you an interview?

I hope so tbh. I have all the right answers. Just my confidence sometimes ruins it all when I forget what I was gonna say. Thank you

Haha Manchester. But I don’t really care cause they do compulsory numeracy tests and I hate math.
Woow congratulations on 4/5🥳
Did you get your offers really quick? Because I applied around the same time as you but still haven’t heard anything from any of them😖
So I’m just getting really nervous now ;-;
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by UGP1023
Woow congratulations on 4/5🥳
Did you get your offers really quick? Because I applied around the same time as you and still haven’t heard anything from any of them😖
So I’m just getting really nervous now ;-;

Thank you :biggrin:
Yes really really quick. And I applied on the 14th of jan. I got offers like 2 days after! Honestly my personal statement is pretty nice.
What unis did you apply to? I guess it depends on the uni and the course. Try not to worry too much. You will get an interview!
Thank you :biggrin:
Yes really really quick. And I applied on the 14th of jan. I got offers like 2 days after! Honestly my personal statement is pretty nice.
What unis did you apply to? I guess it depends on the uni and the course. Try not to worry too much. You will get an interview!

I applied for :
Cardiff
Loughborough
Royal Holloway
Nottingham Trent
Hull

I applied for psychology at Cardiff and psychology with criminology at all the others, really hope I hear something soon cause I am SO IMPATIENT😫
Original post by UGP1023
I applied for :
Cardiff
Loughborough
Royal Holloway
Nottingham Trent
Hull

I applied for psychology at Cardiff and psychology with criminology at all the others, really hope I hear something soon cause I am SO IMPATIENT😫

Good choices.

I think psychology they take a little long, my sister got all her interviews like 3 months after applying. I got interviews and my grades are ok. Have you done any like psychology experience? I definitely think my work experience helped me
Good choices.

I think psychology they take a little long, my sister got all her interviews like 3 months after applying. I got interviews and my grades are ok. Have you done any like psychology experience? I definitely think my work experience helped me

I have worked in a kindergarten where I decided to compare my experience with jean piaget’s theory on the egocentric thinking of a child.
I don’t think I am either physically nor mentally capable to wait 3months ;-;
Original post by UGP1023
I have worked in a kindergarten where I decided to compare my experience with jean piaget’s theory on the egocentric thinking of a child.
I don’t think I am either physically nor mentally capable to wait 3months ;-;

That’s good. dw you will get interviews! just focus now on getting the grades
That’s good. dw you will get interviews! just focus now on getting the grades

I took a gap year so I already have my grades ;-;
Original post by UGP1023
I took a gap year so I already have my grades ;-;

Perfect!!! Just be hopeful hun
Perfect!!! Just be hopeful hun

I shall try ;-; thanks😚
I'm a bit confused, what pre university assessments do you have to take ?

Any feedback from the universities?
Original post by NotNotBatman
I'm a bit confused, what pre university assessments do you have to take ?

Any feedback from the universities?

For nursing, some unis require you to take a literacy and numeracy test. Manchester, for example. But that’s only if you pass the interview process. Luckily some unis don’t care.

My first interview is on the 12th of feb:smile: I received 4/5 interviews not including Manchester. I know I’m gonna get offers anyway. I’ve done so much care experience so it should go well tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending