The Student Room Group

Border Force Apprenticeship August.

Hi,

New to the forum and been reading the Border Force posts. I just wanted to ask if anyone applied for the BF Apprentice jobs that expired in August?

So far I had an Interview early November and received an e-mail stating I've been placed on the Reserve List.

I want to ask if that means that they chose the Apprentices already and I didn't score high enough or do they put everyone on the reserve list and then choose?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I didn’t know you had started a thread.
I genuinely think they place everyone on a reserve list. Even for other border force roles no one has ever really gone straight into the job.
I think it depends on the needs of the location.

I had a talk by a border force officer last week at uni and he basically said they don’t start people until they have enough to go on the training courses that they do. So maybe they’re just waiting to get a shedload to be able to get them trained all at once.
Reply 2
Hello everyone, I am currently on the reserve list after being successful in my interview in Liverpool in November. Just curious to know if anyone has heard anything about security checks or a start date yet?
Reply 3
Original post by MimG1
Hello everyone, I am currently on the reserve list after being successful in my interview in Liverpool in November. Just curious to know if anyone has heard anything about security checks or a start date yet?

Hey, nothing yet.
Hope we aren’t waiting for ages but I don’t think we will hear until after brexit
Reply 4
Original post by C98bax
Hey, nothing yet.
Hope we aren’t waiting for ages but I don’t think we will hear until after brexit

Oh I’m glad it’s not just me then. Fingers crossed it will be by the end of the month!
Reply 5
Original post by MimG1
Oh I’m glad it’s not just me then. Fingers crossed it will be by the end of the month!

Nah you’re not alone!
I had my interview 20th November and I heard back from them the day after that I’m on the reserves.
I applied for Teesport
Reply 6
Hey!

Same position for me too. Not heard anything since being put on the reserve list back in November. I'll update this thread if there's any updates.
Reply 7
Original post by C98bax
Nah you’re not alone!
I had my interview 20th November and I heard back from them the day after that I’m on the reserves.
I applied for Teesport

I had mine on the 21st but applied for fishguard. I know only a handful of people applied for there.
Hey guys I applied for the Border Force apprenticeship Frontline Slough. Am on the reserve list apparently but no indication on when they will be contacting to confirm roles?? If you guys also contact them then they will realise they need to sort something out soonish hopefully fingers crossed. Anyone else in for the Slough role?
Reply 9
Original post by slondon2019
Hey guys I applied for the Border Force apprenticeship Frontline Slough. Am on the reserve list apparently but no indication on when they will be contacting to confirm roles?? If you guys also contact them then they will realise they need to sort something out soonish hopefully fingers crossed. Anyone else in for the Slough role?

They can’t give estimations because the locations recruit on a need basis only. When they need you they’ll let you know. Frustrating but that’s just the way it is unfortunately
I applied for Teesport in August been on the reserve since my interview in November
Reply 10

A few of us have contacted Home Office and they seem to send the same type of reply with no indication of start date. I guess it's just a matter of waiting. Hopefully we'll hear soon and if you hear anything please do let us know!
Hi thanks! Yes will do I'm keeping an eye on it everyday LOL what location have you applied for?
Hey guys and girls just wondering if anyone has had an update on the apprenticeship roles transit/frontline... havent had any updates as of yet.
Reply 13
Hey guys and girls just wondering if anyone has had an update on the apprenticeship roles transit/frontline... havent had any updates as of yet.

Nope same with me. Haven't had any contact as of yet!
Original post by MimG1
Nope same with me. Haven't had any contact as of yet!

Ahh oh no its soo annoying waiting just want to get in and start learning!!! :frown:
Reply 15
Hi guys,Do you remember any of the questions that they asked you in the interview for this position?
Reply 16
Original post by O12
Hi guys,Do you remember any of the questions that they asked you in the interview for this position?

How well do you adapt to situations, how would your friends describe you, what do you like to do in your spare time, how do you deal with challenging behaviour from others, would you describe yourself as inquisitive

That’s all I can remember sorry! My interview was in November. Where have you applied for?? Good luck!
Reply 17
Hello all,

Has anyone heard anything yet? I checked my civil service account and it had project August next to it for a while but that has gone now. Anyone else have this? 😊
Reply 18
Original post by MimG1
Hello all,

Has anyone heard anything yet? I checked my civil service account and it had project August next to it for a while but that has gone now. Anyone else have this? 😊

I have project August too, mine is still there. I haven’t heard anything since my interview in November
I havent heard anything back, had my interview in December in London for the Apprenticeship role at Slough (Langley) Frontline, and have been placed on the reserve list, I've also emailed them for updates but just getting a generic response that they have no news :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending