The Student Room Group

Official Cambridge Adjustment 2020 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Are there any data on how many places were available, how many people applied and how many were admitted, for each course last year?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by JohnD8099
I recently received an email from Cambridge informing me that I am eligible for their adjustment scheme. One of the conditions is that I exceed my conditional firm offer. However, my firm is Warwick and one of the three alternative offers from Warwick is A* A* A*, which I obviously can't exceed. Will I still be eligible for adjustment on UCAS on results day if I get A* A* A*? Thanks.

Contact Cambridge about this
see https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/adjustment/adjustment-faqs

"I am unable to exceed my conditional-firm offer of A*A*A* (or equivalent). Am I eligbile for Adjustment?

Please contact us by email to [email protected] for further advice."
(edited 4 years ago)
I have two questions:
What if I dont get any offers so technically I cant exceed my "offer" and so would I not be eligible anymore?
Would you lose your firm offer if cambridge rejects you again?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by StelleD
I have two questions:
What if I dont get any offers so technically I cant exceed my "offer" and so would I not be eligible anymore?
Would you lose your firm offer if cambridge rejects you again?

Firstly, what course? And if you really get no offers there is always UCAS Extra.

Secondly, no. You still have your Firm.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Doones
Firstly, what course? And if you really get no offers there is always UCAS Extra.

Secondly, no. You still have your Firm.

Medicine

Thanks for the info!
Reply 25
Original post by StelleD
Medicine

Thanks for the info!

Ok, good luck landing at least 1 offer :smile:

What is your 5th choice?
Original post by Doones
Ok, good luck landing at least 1 offer :smile:

What is your 5th choice?

Biomed
Thanks I'll need that!😂
Reply 27
Original post by StelleD
Biomed
Thanks I'll need that!😂

Standard :wink:
Hey, does anyone know the total number of people who exceeded their firm offer from last year (not necessarilly accepted), as well as the number of people who got 3 A*s out of the people who got accepted via Adjustment.
Reply 29
Original post by Gfhfnxrj
Hey, does anyone know the total number of people who exceeded their firm offer from last year (not necessarilly accepted), as well as the number of people who got 3 A*s out of the people who got accepted via Adjustment.

Somewhere between 71 and 200 exceeded their firm and applied.

71 accepted of which 67 took up their place.

No idea how many got A*A*A* specifically.
Original post by Doones
Somewhere between 71 and 200 exceeded their firm and applied.

71 accepted of which 67 took up their place.

No idea how many got A*A*A* specifically.

Thank you!
Original post by Doones
Contact Cambridge about this
see https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/adjustment/adjustment-faqs

"I am unable to exceed my conditional-firm offer of A*A*A* (or equivalent). Am I eligbile for Adjustment?

Please contact us by email to [email protected] for further advice."

Hi Doones and JohnD8099! ... Anything further on this? ... If the Course is Maths, then get A*A*A* and exceed STEP Offer Conditions?
Reply 32
Original post by ParentSaraG
Hi Doones and JohnD8099! ... Anything further on this? ... If the Course is Maths, then get A*A*A* and exceed STEP Offer Conditions?

Is it a Warwick offer?
"A level: A*A*A + STEP (grade 1) or A*A*A* or A*A*AA to include A* in both Mathematics and Further Mathematics"

All I can say is to contact Cam on that email - I don't know how they will work it. :dontknow:

I suspect if you exceed any part of it then that qualifies you.
e.g. A*A*A + STEP II & III (1,1) I think exceeds "A*A*A + STEP (grade 1) "
When they say “exceed your conditional firm offer” do they mean for the university you put as your firm on UCAS? Or do they mean the conditional offer for your cause at Cambridge. For example my course at Cambridge is A*AA but my course at my firm uni is AAB. So if I get A*AA (meaning I’ve exceeded my firm Offer but not exceeded the standard Cambridge offer), is that still okay?
Original post by rach223344
When they say “exceed your conditional firm offer” do they mean for the university you put as your firm on UCAS? Or do they mean the conditional offer for your cause at Cambridge. For example my course at Cambridge is A*AA but my course at my firm uni is AAB. So if I get A*AA (meaning I’ve exceeded my firm Offer but not exceeded the standard Cambridge offer), is that still okay?

Course**
Reply 35
Original post by rach223344

To qualify for Adjustment you need to fully meet your firm university offer AND exceed at least one element of the offer. So yes A*AA does that.

If you are then at least in line with the typical Cambridge offer you are fine.

BUT you must have been a rejected Cambridge applicant and been notified you met the eligibility criteria for their scheme.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/adjustment
Reply 36
Just found this FOI. It shows the number of applicants and acceptances via Cambridge Adjustment in 2019:

Overall 152 Applied, with 67 Accepted.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 16.48.04.png
Original post by Doones
Just found this FOI. It shows the number of applicants and acceptances via Cambridge Adjustment in 2019:

That's really useful; thank you.
Original post by Doones

Thanks very much. I would've expected the maths one to be higher because of STEP. Quite scary that only 2 applied and neither accepted.
Reply 39
Original post by 3pointonefour
Thanks very much. I would've expected the maths one to be higher because of STEP. Quite scary that only 2 applied and neither accepted.

So you can't draw too many conclusions from a sample of 2...

I suspect STEP is indeed the reason. Perhaps not many Cambridge Maths rejects bother to take STEP II and III as it's not needed elsewhere.

It could be different this year as eligible candidates will have had better advance knowledge of the possibility of Adjusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending