The Student Room Group

Courtauld History of Art MA 2020 applicant thread

Hey, I just applied to the Courtauld MA in History of Art. Just thought I would make a thread for sharing any advice, updates etc.
I applied to
1. Victorian Science
2. Miniature to Monumental
3. Art in Northern Europe

I've had 2 emails, one acknowledging my application and one saying it was completed (i.e. they received my references)

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just submitted my application this afternoon. I applied to 1) The Sixties 2) Global China and 3) Documentary reborn. Already anxious about hearing back!
Hi! Just submitted mine yesterday too - applied to 1) Art, Identity, Trade and Politics in the Middle Ages; and 2) Miniature to Monumental.And I just wanted to ask if your referees got the email invitation at once? Because mine haven't heard from them yet and I'm a bit worried! Thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by gigileung
Hi! Just submitted mine yesterday too - applied to 1) Art, Identity, Trade and Politics in the Middle Ages; and 2) Miniature to Monumental.And I just wanted to ask if your referees got the email invitation at once? Because mine haven't heard from them yet and I'm a bit worried! Thanks :smile:

I know one of my referees did within a day or two not sure about the other one. I may write him and ask him to check his junk folder.
Original post by klmdutch
I know one of my referees did within a day or two not sure about the other one. I may write him and ask him to check his junk folder.

Thanks for the reply. My referees did now, but there was a few days of delay, so I'd definitely recommend asking yours to check.
Reply 5
HI! I applied to 1) Beyond Utopia: New Geographies of Russian Art; 2) Collecting and Curating the Modern: European Art 1863-1930; 3)Global Conceptualism: The Last Avant-Garde or a New Beginning?I am wanting o focus on Modern and Russian Art. Courtauld is my top choice and I'm really hoping for good news! I'm a foreign applicant so extra nervous.
Original post by Benton72
HI! I applied to 1) Beyond Utopia: New Geographies of Russian Art; 2) Collecting and Curating the Modern: European Art 1863-1930; 3)Global Conceptualism: The Last Avant-Garde or a New Beginning?I am wanting o focus on Modern and Russian Art. Courtauld is my top choice and I'm really hoping for good news! I'm a foreign applicant so extra nervous.

Hi! Foreign applicant here too - I'm from Hong Kong. Where are you from? Best of luck!!
Reply 7
Hi! I've only applied for the Sixties one. Which universities do you all go to?
last semester at Edinburgh Uni here
Reply 9
Original post by gigileung
Hi! Foreign applicant here too - I'm from Hong Kong. Where are you from? Best of luck!!

Hi! I'm American! Best of luck to you also!
Hello all, I received an offer for the MA Countercultures: Alternative Art in Eastern EU and Latin America which I am planning to accept! Looking forward to meeting you in October :-) Best, Yulia
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JuliaHaggard
Hello all, I received an offer for the MA Countercultures: Alternative Art in Eastern EU and Latin America which I am planning to accept! Looking forward to meeting you in October :-) Best, Yulia

wow, well done!
Reply 12
Original post by JuliaHaggard

Same here Yulia. Congrats!
I have been contacted for an interview for the Miniature to monumental program. Has anyone else been contacted for an interview?
If so, how did it go?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Well done to everyone who heard back! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from the 60s module yet? Best of luck to everyone x
Reply 15
Original post by Gmdxo
Well done to everyone who heard back! Just wondering if anyone has heard back from the 60s module yet? Best of luck to everyone x

Nope I was wondering same thing! well done to everyone who has !!
Reply 16
Original post by dosReis

congrats !! did you get immediate place or get interviewed??
Reply 17
Original post by jemfr1

Thank you! I got an unconditional offer straight away. I’m so thankful. what about you?
Original post by dosReis

Congrats! Did you receive an offer for MA Countercultures: Alternative Art in Eastern EU and Latin America or another option? :-) where are you based currently?
Original post by jemfr1

I received an unconditional offer, no interview. Which option are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending