The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth University 2020

Hi,

I am looking at studying BSc Psychology starting this September. I was wondering if anyone currently studying at Plymouth University could give me some advice around accommodation costs that need to be paid upfront before moving in?

Thanks I’m advance :smile:
Original post by AMartell
Hi,

I am looking at studying BSc Psychology starting this September. I was wondering if anyone currently studying at Plymouth University could give me some advice around accommodation costs that need to be paid upfront before moving in?

Thanks I’m advance :smile:

Hi @AMartell

It's so great to hear you're thinking of studying here with us! Are you looking forward to starting uni?

I can try to help answer your question, in case no current students spot it. Were you looking at halls? And have you anywhere in mind?

Let me know and I will go and investigate for you! :smile:

~ Catherine, University of Plymouth
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,

Yes I’ve been looking into halls, with my preference currently being Mary Newman. I am just confused on how much money is needed upfront( security deposit, advanced rent etc) before maintenance loans become active.
Thank you for your help :smile:
Hi,

Yes I’ve been looking into halls, with my preference currently being Mary Newman. I am just confused on how much money is needed upfront( security deposit, advanced rent etc) before maintenance loans become active.
Thank you for your help :smile:

Hi @AMartell

I've sent your question across to our Accommodation team. When they get back to me, I'll forward the answer on to you! :smile:

Hi @AMartell

Our Accommodation team have replied with some info, which will hopefully be useful to you!

For this year, 2020 entry, students will have to pay 2 weeks' advanced rent to confirm the licence agreement (this is for university-approved halls). The specific amount therefore depends on which halls/room you choose.

The portal opens in February for reservation, so keep an eye out! :h:

That 2 week advanced rental payment will be due sometime from April onward, when the licence agreements are sent out and your reservation becomes a final booking. Hoorah!:danceboy:

There isn't any further upfront payment, as we realised this made sense for our students and their student finance.

Hope that answers your question. But please give me a shout if you'd like to know anything else! :smile:

Reply 5
That’s really helpful thank you :smile:
Reply 6
So just to check with you I don’t need to consider a security deposit? Thanks :smile:
So just to check with you I don’t need to consider a security deposit? Thanks :smile:

Hi @AMartell

Hope you had a good weekend!

If you come to join us this year, then the upfront cost will be 2 weeks' rent to sort out the licence agreement. That's the only payment. :smile: The deposit has been dispensed with, so you don't need to pay a deposit.

This is only for university-approved halls though. If you wanted to look at others, you'd have to investigate those separately. :smile:

Let me know if you think of anything more you want to ask!

Reply 8
That’s great, thank you for all your help :smile:
That’s great, thank you for all your help :smile:

You're most welcome! Any other questions, drop us another message! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending