The Student Room Group

Problem with uni course.

Hello, sorry for the short boring story in advance. I just need a bit of guidance on what I should do. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tackle this scenario.

Currently, I am on a suspension of studies due to reasons I would rather not disclose. I was a first-year student before I submitted the application to leave university for the suspension of my studies. Today, I have just found out through email that the course I was hoping to continue later this year is being suspended for this upcoming semester in September. I have emailed the university in advance asking what I should do, but I am still awaiting a response from them.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

Also, would it be too late to fill out a new UCAS application, despite being past the deadline? Or should I look into asking other universities if they will accept the possibility of me transferring?

Sorry to be a pain and thank you
Aimee
Original post by AimeeW97
Hello, sorry for the short boring story in advance. I just need a bit of guidance on what I should do. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tackle this scenario.

Currently, I am on a suspension of studies due to reasons I would rather not disclose. I was a first-year student before I submitted the application to leave university for the suspension of my studies. Today, I have just found out through email that the course I was hoping to continue later this year is being suspended for this upcoming semester in September. I have emailed the university in advance asking what I should do, but I am still awaiting a response from them.

Also, would it be too late to fill out a new UCAS application, despite being past the deadline? Or should I look into asking other universities if they will accept the possibility of me transferring?

Aimee

I suspect you could be in a bit of a pickle, as they will likely require you to finish stage 1 to move to stage 2, and given the uni is discontinuing the course their not going to re-run a whole year for 1 candidate.

I would wait & see if your uni provides you with some alternative options, but I suspect you may have to either:
-transfer course
-transfer uni

Probably not what you want to hear, but id push the uni for some support if you want to complete this degree & if they have any mitigation to get you through the first year credits, as i imagine next year will be the last time they run the 2nd year modules, and the year after the final 3rd year modules...
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
I suspect you could be in a bit of a pickle, as they will likely require you to finish stage 1 to move to stage 2, and given the uni is discontinuing the course their not going to re-run a whole year for 1 candidate.

I would wait & see if your uni provides you with some alternative options, but I suspect you may have to either:
-transfer course
-transfer uni

Probably not what you want to hear, but id push the uni for some support if you want to complete this degree & if they have any mitigation to get you through the first year credits, as i imagine next year will be the last time they run the 2nd year modules, and the year after the final 3rd year modules...

Thank you so much for your reply.

Sorry to ask this as well. Do you know if I should email the universities asking if they would accept me or would I have to reapply through UCAS again?

Thank you again.
Thank you so much for your reply.

Sorry to ask this as well. Do you know if I should email the universities asking if they would accept me or would I have to reapply through UCAS again?

Thank you again.

TBH I would speak to current uni first & see what they offer you, I suspect going into year-1 you will need to apply through UCAS but if you contact unis prior to submitting your application & explain the situation they this may make it a bit smoother.

Aimee

Hi @AimeeW97

I would agree with @mnot on this. I would also add that just because the UCAS deadline has passed doesn't mean you cannot apply for another course starting in Year 1. The January deadline is more of a soft deadline and as long a course is not filled the university will still take on students.

Hope this helps. :h:
Dom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending