The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster living costs

Hi, I have received an offer from Lancaster University and I was willing to know how much does it cost to live there weekly? (With this I mean partying, food, laundrettes, etc. Not the accommodation costs) Thanksss
Original post by alemartinez
Hi, I have received an offer from Lancaster University and I was willing to know how much does it cost to live there weekly? (With this I mean partying, food, laundrettes, etc. Not the accommodation costs) Thanksss

Hello,
I'm currently a student here and I'll give you an idea of costs as it is currently for me - but note that these things always change!
Partying - SO, if you go to Sugar (as most people do), you can get a free bus there and back and it costs £3-5 entry, depending on what time you get there, and sometimes events cost a little more, around £6. There's loads of drinks deals etc depending on the night and you can get a good idea here: https://www.facebook.com/thesugarhouse/
There's another major club that costs a little more and there's no free transport so you'll have to get the bus (about £2) and/or a cab (about £10 from town to uni, but best to share it and split it with others!). Lots of free entry bars and pubs and normally drinks are quite cheap because we're in the north west - there's a spoons too.
Food - The main shop is a Sainsbury's but there's also a Lidl, Iceland, Farmfoods and soon an Aldi opening up. You can get deliveries from Asda, Tesco etc to campus/town as well. There's lots of places to eat on campus: Greggs, subway, costa and lots of independent places (Chinese, kebab, curry, burritos, burgers) which are all priced pretty well/have deals. The two shops on campus are a Spar and Co-op so I'd recommend getting your shopping from a bigger supermarket. You can also get Aldi orders and stock up on alcohol.
Laundrettes - I can't remember exact prices but it's circuit laundry (like every university in the country). It definitely cost £1.20ish for one use of the dryer, and I think it cost about £2.50 for a wash, but these might have changed and I can't really remember.
Let me know if you have anymore questions,
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending