The Student Room Group

Question about attractive or popular people

Hello,

Where do attractive people (who would get rated as 8s to 10s) come from? If they study or work, in what sector and field can you generally find them? What do they do and where do they go in their leisure time?

My answers so far are these:

- You can find 8s to 10s in cities, on university campuses, in sports and leisure activities, gyms, bars, parties, nightclubs, festivals, pop concerts, on holidays in places like Ibiza, Magaluf, Malaga and Malia and within groups like the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. You might see them out and about on the streets and in town/city centres more often during warmer weather in the spring and summer.

- Maybe attractive people live cloistered lives like the royals do and their entire influence is through mainstream media and social media such as Instagram and TikTok. Celebrity culture, media, music, arts, television, YouTube and Twitch

- They study or work in finance, business, engineering or arts such as literature and music

- They come from money most of the time so they don't need to work or study, they just get married to someone rich early and spend the rest of their lives attending parties and going on holiday

I don't have much information about what kind of places or neighbourhoods attractive or popular people live in but I suspect either leafy middle-class estates or large houses either in the city or the countryside.

If you could share your thoughts and experiences I would appreciate it. Thank you
Reply 1
Why have you decided to research this? 🙄
This is stupid.
You can't generalise attractiveness to apply to certain areas (bar a few exceptions)

There are attractive people everywhere, in all walks of life, in all cities, in all kinds of professions. (arguably some professions more than others)
Reply 3
Original post by MidgetFever
This is stupid.
You can't generalise attractiveness to apply to certain areas (bar a few exceptions)

There are attractive people everywhere, in all walks of life, in all cities, in all kinds of professions. (arguably some professions more than others)

like modelling (ha!)
Original post by csmlady
like modelling (ha!)

Aye, that's what I had in mind. More likely to find attractive people in modelling for sure, but I doubt the same could be said for many other professions.
Reply 5
Original post by Em.-.
Why have you decided to research this? 🙄

Trying to understand society and my place in it. Also, most people I see walking in the street or hanging around in a town centre are unremarkable or average-looking, perhaps only a handful of people I see when I am outside stand out to me in some way, including those who I would consider to be attractive.
This is stupid.

I agree in that it is slightly stupid. But I am trying to understand how society works and why certain things are the way they are. Since most people I see outside look unremarkable to me I have decided to try and investigate to see where distinctive, remarkable-looking or attractive people tend to be found. The only place I've been where there are attractive people almost everywhere is London.
Original post by Anonymous
Trying to understand society and my place in it. Also, most people I see walking in the street or hanging around in a town centre are unremarkable or average-looking, perhaps only a handful of people I see when I am outside stand out to me in some way, including those who I would consider to be attractive.

I agree in that it is slightly stupid. But I am trying to understand how society works and why certain things are the way they are. Since most people I see outside look unremarkable to me I have decided to try and investigate to see where distinctive, remarkable-looking or attractive people tend to be found. The only place I've been where there are attractive people almost everywhere is London.

Are you interested in sociology at all? Or do you have access to a scholarly database?

If it's something that really interests you then I'm sure someone's probably written a paper on such a thing. I know for a fact that there are several studies on the correlation of attractiveness and success in careers for example. You'll probably find a lot more interesting and well reasoned arguments there than you would here imo.
Reply 7
Are you interested in sociology at all? Or do you have access to a scholarly database?

If it's something that really interests you then I'm sure someone's probably written a paper on such a thing. I know for a fact that there are several studies on the correlation of attractiveness and success in careers for example. You'll probably find a lot more interesting and well reasoned arguments there than you would here imo.

I studied sociology at A-Level and, for a scholarly database, I can use Google Scholar or JSTOR. I've read some papers in which the researchers measured different variables and came to conclusions which generally involved "attractive" people reaching higher socio-economic statuses and having a better time interacting with other people in general.

These papers were useful to me, but didn't specifically answer the questions of a more practical nature I had, such as where you can actually go to find these people outside of London and what kinds of places they live in.
people can like who they like and everyone is different in a good and beneficial way for our society
Didn't you know? The most attractive people are all on tsr? Right under your nose this whole time!!
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Didn't you know? The most attractive people are all on tsr? Right under your nose this whole time!!

:smile::heart::hello:
I clearly need to re-evaluate my life if I am reading this crap past midnight.

Send help.
Original post by Anonymous
I studied sociology at A-Level and, for a scholarly database, I can use Google Scholar or JSTOR. I've read some papers in which the researchers measured different variables and came to conclusions which generally involved "attractive" people reaching higher socio-economic statuses and having a better time interacting with other people in general.

These papers were useful to me, but didn't specifically answer the questions of a more practical nature I had, such as where you can actually go to find these people outside of London and what kinds of places they live in.

Ah fair enough, was worth a try I suppose. At least they were of interest to a certain extent.

I probably couldn't offer any more assistance if I'm honest, I seem to see good looking people everywhere. Good luck with your research though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending