The Student Room Group

Guy keeps annoying everyone

I had a friend at college who I met on my first year so that was 2018. Im on my 2nd year now but this guy is annoying a lot of people. He goes round at break times acting hyperactive and it seem to have gone worse recently. I dont remember last year him being that bad. Basically maybe november or october it was a few people he annoyed so he was a friend so I tried to support him and go on his side when people said stuff about him. I just cant do it anymore he needs to stop himself also hes 19, im only 18 so hes older. Im getting sick of him because it would embarass me since hes in my group. He keeps getting on these 2 girls nerves that he has a soft spot for but he just makes a fool of himself, they dont like him and they basically take the piss out of him. Hes said some weird stuff about the girls, aprently hes been stalking them, waiting at the bus stop for them, one of the girls was saying he went to there houses, its strange behaviour and the geeza could get jailed for that ****. He annoys me sometimes like last week I was on my phone revising for my theory test then he was saying "dusty trim" but im on my phone not doing anything. He needs to sort himself out because hes 19 years old if hes out and starts annoying people they are going to get mad then hit him. A lot of people just take the piss out of him. He needs to change before he starts working or hes going to get fired.

I just dont know what to do because It happens every break time and I just have to there listening to all of it.
real queston is.. have you spoken to him about it
Reply 2
Original post by rebeccaxrss
real queston is.. have you spoken to him about it

People have spoke to him but he doesnt listen and i tried to speak to him about the stalking that it could get him jailed but he wasnt taking it seriously
Original post by Anonymous
People have spoke to him but he doesnt listen and i tried to speak to him about the stalking that it could get him jailed but he wasnt taking it seriously

Perhaps he has some form of mental disability?
Reply 4
Original post by iforgotmylogin
Perhaps he has some form of mental disability?

He will do thats why im not going to start saying mean stuff to him
He will do thats why im not going to start saying mean stuff to him

If he does, that's not the attitude to have about it. Don't be mean but speak calmly and seriously to them. Best bet.
Reply 6
If he does, that's not the attitude to have about it. Don't be mean but speak calmly and seriously to them. Best bet.

People have tried but he just carries on
I had a friend at college who I met on my first year so that was 2018. Im on my 2nd year now but this guy is annoying a lot of people. He goes round at break times acting hyperactive and it seem to have gone worse recently. I dont remember last year him being that bad. Basically maybe november or october it was a few people he annoyed so he was a friend so I tried to support him and go on his side when people said stuff about him. I just cant do it anymore he needs to stop himself also hes 19, im only 18 so hes older. Im getting sick of him because it would embarass me since hes in my group. He keeps getting on these 2 girls nerves that he has a soft spot for but he just makes a fool of himself, they dont like him and they basically take the piss out of him. Hes said some weird stuff about the girls, aprently hes been stalking them, waiting at the bus stop for them, one of the girls was saying he went to there houses, its strange behaviour and the geeza could get jailed for that ****. He annoys me sometimes like last week I was on my phone revising for my theory test then he was saying "dusty trim" but im on my phone not doing anything. He needs to sort himself out because hes 19 years old if hes out and starts annoying people they are going to get mad then hit him. A lot of people just take the piss out of him. He needs to change before he starts working or hes going to get fired.

I just dont know what to do because It happens every break time and I just have to there listening to all of it.

This behaviour should have been reported to the college principal a long time ago. But better late than never: report it now. If the principal takes the same view as me then I can promise you the behaviour will stop instantly or there will only be one more repeat, after which this boy won't be at the college any more.
Reply 8
Original post by David Getling
This behaviour should have been reported to the college principal a long time ago. But better late than never: report it now. If the principal takes the same view as me then I can promise you the behaviour will stop instantly or there will only be one more repeat, after which this boy won't be at the college any more.

People have tried telling the teachers and tge teachers tell him off but he still carries on. They told him to stay away from the girls but he keeps going near them and acts all hyperactive like shouts im not allowed near them girls
People have tried telling the teachers and tge teachers tell him off but he still carries on. They told him to stay away from the girls but he keeps going near them and acts all hyperactive like shouts im not allowed near them girls

That's why I said report it to the principal. If you already think (s)he has already heard and isn't doing anything then this needs to be pushed up to either the local authority, or if the college is not under LA control someone needs to contact the DfE. This sounds like a safeguarding issue, so the relevant authority will probably act quickly on it. Also principals are **** scared of being pulled up on this, so will probably act if they think it's going to happen.

Unfortunately there are an awful lot of lovey-dovey, bleeding heart liberal teachers out there who care passionately about the bad boys, but don't give a damn about the good decent students, whose life is made hell by them. But there are also people like me who have zero tolerance for bad boys, and will come down on them like a ton of bricks.
Original post by David Getling
That's why I said report it to the principal. If you already think (s)he has already heard and isn't doing anything then this needs to be pushed up to either the local authority, or if the college is not under LA control someone needs to contact the DfE. This sounds like a safeguarding issue, so the relevant authority will probably act quickly on it. Also principals are **** scared of being pulled up on this, so will probably act if they think it's going to happen.

Unfortunately there are an awful lot of lovey-dovey, bleeding heart liberal teachers out there who care passionately about the bad boys, but don't give a damn about the good decent students, whose life is made hell by them. But there are also people like me who have zero tolerance for bad boys, and will come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Its just its not serious apart from the stalking.
He just acts strange and annoys people too much, I think the local autorties wont be able to do anything about that, the police could get involved with the stalking though if he has done it.
Its just its not serious apart from the stalking.
He just acts strange and annoys people too much, I think the local autorties wont be able to do anything about that, the police could get involved with the stalking though if he has done it.

Is there any evidence of the stalking? Otherwise the police probably couldn't do much - especially if people just see this person as "annoying."

Also, if he does have a mental health issue/disability, the way you're treating this is horrific.
Is there any evidence of the stalking? Otherwise the police probably couldn't do much - especially if people just see this person as "annoying."

Also, if he does have a mental health issue/disability, the way you're treating this is horrific.

No i dont have evidence, the girls were just saying he did it i dont even know its true.
I dont know if hes got a mental health issue. I dont say anything that out of order to him, people do call him stuff like wierdo and take the piss out of him. Its just gets on my nerves, im not against mental health, I have had mental health problems like anxiety and been feeling depressed at times. Its just at times like if it starts affecting other people they are going to get annoyed like a lot of people at my college. I try to just back him up since he might have autisim or something but its just theres only a lot I can take because if I went on his side people will take the piss out me as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending