The Student Room Group

History Edexcel question

Which is the weightiest history paper? Is there one I should be focusing on more than the others?

Paper 1 Medicine in Britain

Paper 2 Early Elizabethan England and Superpower relations and the Cold War

Paper 3 Weimar and Nazi Germany

Thanks
Paper 2 is worth 64 marks while the others are worth 52, HOWEVER, medicine and germany are both worth more as individual topics. Therefore, medicine and germany are more important to revise and have 100% down.
Original post by Jaunty
Which is the weightiest history paper? Is there one I should be focusing on more than the others?

Paper 1 Medicine in Britain

Paper 2 Early Elizabethan England and Superpower relations and the Cold War

Paper 3 Weimar and Nazi Germany

Thanks

From what I remember, Medicine is 30%, Elizabeth is 20%, Cold War is 20% and Germany is 30%. They’re all roughly equal in difficulty, but I’d say personally that Medicine and Elizabeth are a little easier as long as you memorise the info and stats, whereas the Cold War and Germany bits are more difficult as eg with Germany you have to learn both Nazi and Weimar events which are parallel, and Cold War has a lot of chains of events to remember in the right order. But, if you put the time and effort into revising and start early (make sure you begin revising properly in Easter) then it’s doable if you’ve being paying attention the last two years and staying on top of homeworks. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by sixdifferentways
Paper 2 is worth 64 marks while the others are worth 52, HOWEVER, medicine and germany are both worth more as individual topics. Therefore, medicine and germany are more important to revise and have 100% down.

Thank you so much, I was focusing on the Cold War!
Not really answering the question, but use Seneca learning for history revision (going over content) - it’s really helpful!!
Reply 5
Original post by stillcrying
Not really answering the question, but use Seneca learning for history revision (going over content) - it’s really helpful!!

Thanks so much, I’ll start using it
Original post by Jaunty
Thanks so much, I’ll start using it

No problem, in history I went from a 6 in my mock to an 8 in the real thing. Doing past paper questions in class every lesson really helped too but learning the content was down to Seneca Learning!
Original post by Jaunty
Thank you so much, I was focusing on the Cold War!

ahaaaaah that was also my mistake. I assumed that because it was harder that I should learn it better but really the exam board know it’s difficult so it isn’t weighted as highly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending