The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Postgraduate Applicants for 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ariadnanj
Yes let me know!!

This morning the status changed to either “Ok” or “Ok for assessment” so fingers crossed!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Irene_So
This morning the status changed to either “Ok” or “Ok for assessment” so fingers crossed!

This is good news! Fingers crossed! :smile:
Original post by PG_Law
Are you considering it? Do you have a specific LLM in mind?

Yeah I am! I'm interested in Internarional Dispute Resolution
Reply 83
Original post by Anonymous
I got an offer for MSc international marketing

Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you applied and what is your academic profile?
Reply 84
Original post by Georgiosva
That’s the problem with me. I will end up with high 2:2(most probably) but I am betting all of my odds on my CV. I am Deputy President of the Youth of a Political Party, i am member of National students union, i was spokesman and student affairs officer , of the Youth of the same political party. I am also a representative of our Youth in EDS (European Democrat Students) which is the youth of the EPP(biggest political party in European Parliament).
I’m doing Law with Politics LLB

i graduated with a high 2:2 and have a few good internships under my belt after taking a year off after my undergrad. So im kind of on the same boat with you, i have my application ready but dont know whether i should apply or not. Let me know if you hear back from them please xx And best of luck!!!
Original post by ariadnanj
This is good news! Fingers crossed! :smile:

Hi! After a whole horrible week of waiting I finally got my offer! Best of luck!
I just submitted my application today. Applied for a really popular course, so I hope I get considered after that £100 fee!
Original post by Irene_So
Hi! After a whole horrible week of waiting I finally got my offer! Best of luck!

Oh that's really good!!! I'm so glad :smile: Thank you, I'll let you know!
Reply 88
Original post by LethalBeans
I just submitted my application today. Applied for a really popular course, so I hope I get considered after that £100 fee!

How do you know the course popularity?
Original post by bps123
How do you know the course popularity?

Well data science is a trending topic at the moment. You can also find acceptance rates for past years online i.e. whatdotheyknow.com.
Original post by u97
i graduated with a high 2:2 and have a few good internships under my belt after taking a year off after my undergrad. So im kind of on the same boat with you, i have my application ready but dont know whether i should apply or not. Let me know if you hear back from them please xx And best of luck!!!

Hello!!! Great news! They sent me a conditional offer (high 2:2). You should definitely try! However i’ve changed my mind and I am gonna do the same masters at BRUSSELS. Good luck.
Original post by Mr Discuss
I applied for Data Science on the 10th October, 2nd reference submitted on 21st. Currently im a final year King's undergrad Com Sci student.

How is the Informatics department at King's?
How is the Informatics department at King's?

I really like it here, you get to see a lot of current research, King's is big in areas like AI planning (which is also my thesis topic) and we've got new facilities (the Informatics department moved to a new building 2 years ago).

Did you apply for Data Science, or just another course in the Informatics department?
Well data science is a trending topic at the moment. You can also find acceptance rates for past years online i.e. whatdotheyknow.com.

I just submitted application for MSc Data Science too. Best of luck!
HI! I am also applying for that course how long did it take for you to hear back??
Original post by Mr Discuss
I really like it here, you get to see a lot of current research, King's is big in areas like AI planning (which is also my thesis topic) and we've got new facilities (the Informatics department moved to a new building 2 years ago).

Did you apply for Data Science, or just another course in the Informatics department?

Thanks for the insight! Attending a prominent university is a blessing, especially for a research-led field.

I was originally gonna choose AI or Advanced Computing but went for DS because I want to learn degree-level statistics. I also chose a data science related disso though mine doesn't sound as interesting as yours aha. It's basically sentiment analysis using ML.
Original post by Helloworld012
I just submitted application for MSc Data Science too. Best of luck!

Cheers and likewise, bon courage!
My application status changed to received and being processed...

Does anyone know how long after this I should expect a response?

Thanks
Original post by splashywill
My application status changed to received and being processed...

Does anyone know how long after this I should expect a response?

Thanks

Is that the default status? I keep checking the portal like a maniac, I need to stop...
Original post by stressed12345
Is that the default status? I keep checking the portal like a maniac, I need to stop...

Yeah it's the default status. I'd just wait till you get an email response stating that there's been an update with your app.
Yeah it's the default status. I'd just wait till you get an email response stating that there's been an update with your app.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest