The Student Room Group

What was your school famous for?

Mine was for being quite chavy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
building a new one which is already breaking
our school was in special measures and had only been open for 2 years so everyone just knew it for being terrible. we literally had regular assemblies about how we shouldn't let all the negative news articles taint our view of the school, it kinda made me sad cuz I could see how hard my teachers were working to get rid of that reputation
Original post by FemaleinDress

For sticking to its ruthless hair policy
Reply 4
mood
Sugababes went to my school
George Michael shot a music video there
This girl from eastenders went there. Forgot her name
Original post by HollyA1821
our school was in special measures and had only been open for 2 years so everyone just knew it for being terrible. we literally had regular assemblies about how we shouldn't let all the negative news articles taint our view of the school, it kinda made me sad cuz I could see how hard my teachers were working to get rid of that reputation

A school does not get inspected so quickly after opening ... are you sure?
Original post by Muttley79

yeah I'm sure.... I was there for 5 five years 😐
Reply 8
headteacher committed fraud and a student stabbed a teacher.
Have a wild guess which school that is?
Original post by Zeeyo
headteacher committed fraud and a student stabbed a teacher.
Have a wild guess which school that is?

No idea, I’ve heard of much worse from teachers though
My school was known in my area for three things:

1. ****ing ugly uniform
2. our headteacher refusing to admit Tony Blair's daughter to our school

We also had a reputation for being a school full of "sluts" :s-smilie:

maybe I should clarify that I started at the beginning of their 3rd year.
One of my schools was famous for the headmaster getting taken in for paedophilia charges, then not actually being sent to prison and instead fleeing the country
yeah I'm sure.... I was there for 5 five years 😐

PM me the name please because NO school is inspected for at least two years after it opens.
Being crap.
As were all the schools in my area.
PM me the name please because NO school is inspected for at least two years after it opens.

bruh I ain't gonna tell you my school ahaha, the rating was given while I attended. it was not given beforehand. by the time I was in yr11, the school had been open for 7 years, it had been inspected multiple times by that point. what don't you get? ahahaha
Original post by FemaleinDress

This and the fact that some teachers rampage when they are so annoyed about their students.
bruh I ain't gonna tell you my school ahaha, the rating was given while I attended. it was not given beforehand. by the time I was in yr11, the school had been open for 7 years, it had been inspected multiple times by that point. what don't you get? ahahaha

OK - so you aren't telling the full story - I am often seconded to other schools to help with Ofsted so I understand how the inspection service works. They just DO NOT inspect new schools ...
One of the dancers currently on Strictly used to go to it :colondollar:
(edited 4 years ago)
OK - so you aren't telling the full story - I am often seconded to other schools to help with Ofsted so I understand how the inspection service works. They just DO NOT inspect new schools ...

If you really want I can pm you the name hahaha if it makes you happy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending