The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Computer Science 2020 Entry Query

Hi,

I was thinking about applying for a BSc Computer Science degree in 2020 and had some questions about the entry requirements.

I was reading the degree page (https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/science/computer-science/bsc-computer-science-g400/) and noticed that the entry requirements were only visible on the international side (AAB-BBB), am I looking at the wrong page? Also, I noticed that with a B or above in EPQ I can get a reduced offer. Currently, I'm looking at my predicted (Comp Sci,Maths,Philosophy) at ACB or ABB. The C in maths is what worries me but I assume with the 1 lowered grade that it would be fine to apply with? Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Alex
Hi Alex,You can view the entry requirements for all Swansea University courses in the undergraduate prospectus - https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate-prospectus/. Hope this helps!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
If you achieve ABC I wouldn't be too concerned. :smile:
Original post by alexmorris7
Hi,

I was thinking about applying for a BSc Computer Science degree in 2020 and had some questions about the entry requirements.

I was reading the degree page (https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/science/computer-science/bsc-computer-science-g400/) and noticed that the entry requirements were only visible on the international side (AAB-BBB), am I looking at the wrong page? Also, I noticed that with a B or above in EPQ I can get a reduced offer. Currently, I'm looking at my predicted (Comp Sci,Maths,Philosophy) at ACB or ABB. The C in maths is what worries me but I assume with the 1 lowered grade that it would be fine to apply with? Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Alex
Most universities accept lower than their required grades. You will probably be fine.
Reply 4
Just got an offer for BBB with a B in my EPQ :biggrin: I got predicted A*BC in the end (Comp Sci, Philo, Maths). Still deciding which universities to firm/insure.
What unis did you apply to?
Reply 6
Original post by Aadilkharl123
What unis did you apply to?

Bristol (Denied),
Exeter (Offer),
Cardiff (Offer),
Swansea (Offer),
Plymouth (Offer).
I applied Computer Science as my 5th Option

I achieved AAA in Biology chemistry and Mathematics A level.
I applied to BSc Computer science with Digital Technology Partnership- Degree Apprenticeship with PwC
I have an unconditional offer for standard computer science (without PwC) at Birmingham and am awaiting PwC to contact me about the rest of the process.

Can anyone give me an insight of what PwC look for at the assessment day, and how they select candidates for the PwC offer?
Original post by Banshee123
I applied Computer Science as my 5th Option

I achieved AAA in Biology chemistry and Mathematics A level.
I applied to BSc Computer science with Digital Technology Partnership- Degree Apprenticeship with PwC
I have an unconditional offer for standard computer science (without PwC) at Birmingham and am awaiting PwC to contact me about the rest of the process.

Can anyone give me an insight of what PwC look for at the assessment day, and how they select candidates for the PwC offer?

Hi how’s the pwc process going? How do you know you’ve got an unconditional offer for Birmingham?
Original post by username999
Hi how’s the pwc process going? How do you know you’ve got an unconditional offer for Birmingham?

I have an unconditional for the standard course, not PwC partnership.
Birmingham uni sent me an email saying that if I were unsuccessful at any point, I would receive an offer for the standard course. I have achieved a levels. Therefore it would be unconditional.
(edited 4 years ago)
I have an unconditional for the standard course, not PwC partnership.
Birmingham uni sent me an email saying that if I were unsuccessful at any point, I would receive an offer for the standard course. I have achieved a levels. Therefore it would be unconditional.

Are you going to the recruitment day for pwc?
Are you going to the recruitment day for pwc?

I haven't done my video interview yet, so idk.
Been applying to medicine alongside

Fair enough why did you pick computer science?
Fair enough why did you pick computer science?

Long story short, dad does it and it is interesting.
Long story short, dad does it and it is interesting.

Fairs
Could you tell me what the video interview was like, what kind of questions did they ask?

Could you tell me what the video interview was like, what kind of questions did they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest