The Student Room Group

Brighton college test 2019

I beg someone please see this and reply i need help. I have a brighton college examination test coming up in a couple weeks and i cant find any past papers and idk what to do. Please reply !!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TanTan2222
I beg someone please see this and reply i need help. I have a brighton college examination test coming up in a couple weeks and i cant find any past papers and idk what to do. Please reply !!!!

Can you find any from the internet and practice/revise from that?
Or you could ask someone friends,teachers for some maybe.
Reply 2

Hi there

I took the 16+ tests and I attend the college now. I am very fortunate to have gotten a full scholarship to the sixth form!

I have some advice for the tests and the interviews as I went through these myself. I would recommend making sure you know the content of gcse maths very well and also to make sure that you are on top of your school work in the interviews that follow. Dm me for more details!

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by i'mconcuzled
Can you find any from the internet and practice/revise from that?
Or you could ask someone friends, teachers for some maybe

I know it's a bit late, but thank you for your advice.
Reply 4
Original post by Apad121
Hi there

I took the 16+ tests and I attend the college now. I am very fortunate to have gotten a full scholarship to the sixth form!

I have some advice for the tests and the interviews as I went through these myself. I would recommend making sure you know the content of gcse maths very well and also to make sure that you are on top of your school work in the interviews that follow. Dm me for more details!

Good luck!

I just saw these, thank you so much. I found the exams very difficult but unfortunately I got rejected from Brighton College.
Reply 5
Original post by ath79
did you finish the verbal reasoning paper? i'm actually already in the school had to do it for sixth form scholarship

Yes I did finish but some of the questions were mostly guess work as I didn't want to miss any out. How did you find it when you took it?
Reply 6
Yes I did finish but some of the questions were mostly guess work as I didn't want to miss any out. How did you find it when you took it?

I skipped a few questions on the verbal reasoning paper, but I found the other 2 papers quite easy
Reply 7
Original post by ath79
I skipped a few questions on the verbal reasoning paper, but I found the other 2 papers quite easy

what subjects did you take ?
Reply 8
it wasn't according to what A-level subjects you're going to do; it was
1. verbal reasoning paper
2. science + english paper
3. maths paper
what subjects did you take ?
Reply 9
I'm taking the brighton college examinations for the second round next Tuesday.Anyone have any advice?I'm taking bio, chem, maths, and german- not rlly sure about the last choice but oh well
Original post by ath79
it wasn't according to what A-level subjects you're going to do; it was
1. verbal reasoning paper
2. science + english paper
3. maths paper

I did the English paper as well, did you have to compare two poems or did you write about a singular poem?
Reply 11
What were the interviews like?
And the scientific reasoning test- is that like a normal gcse science test?
Original post by nyakie

I didn't get through to interviews but I did intervews at Kings School canterbury - it was a normal typical interview e.g they asked like 'how do you think this school will be different to yours', ' do you play any sports?' etc and they will probably refer/ question you about your personal statement andf your personal interests.
Original post by nyakie

If you applied for an academic scholarship, you will have 2 interviews. Both on academic subjects only. There will be no hobbies or similar and only be about problem solving and discussing problems in your subjects.

Hope this helps!
Feel free to message if you have any other questions.
Reply 14
Thank you soo much. Wow- it's so impressive that you got a full scholarship! I'm just hoping I'd make it- I'm doing the exams for the second round next Tuesday.
Original post by Apad121
If you applied for an academic scholarship, you will have 2 interviews. Both on academic subjects only. There will be no hobbies or similar and only be about problem solving and discussing problems in your subjects.

Hope this helps!
Feel free to message if you have any other questions.
Reply 15
Hi-- for the English exam, did you have to do creative writing and analyse poems?
Reply 16
Original post by nyakie

for my interview into L5th i had to answer maths questions (i was given pencil and paper to show my working)
and yes for my scientific reasoning test into sixth form it was gcse level, 18 multiple choice questions in total
Reply 17
how was the english exam?
Original post by nyakie
how was the english exam?

It was ok, I think It was an analysis between two poems or just one singe poem. Are you taking it?
Reply 19
It was ok, I think It was an analysis between two poems or just one singe poem. Are you taking it?

yes i am- next tuesdayyy i'm sooo scared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending