The Student Room Group

Ospap 2020

I am one of the overseas pharmacists who have applied to attend OSPAP 2020. Sent all my documents and still awaiting reply from the GPhC.
I wonder is there anybody else out there in the same shoes as me. I suggest that we get in contact and meet to discuss. Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
Turker
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey there,I haven't applied to the GPhC yet, but will do it by feb. Awaiting my NARIC SoC. Which uni are you aiming for??
Reply 2
Original post by SayedMohammed
Hey there,I haven't applied to the GPhC yet, but will do it by feb. Awaiting my NARIC SoC. Which uni are you aiming for??

Hello Sayed Mohammed!
I am in for either Kingston or Brighton because I will be in London and Hertfordshire only offers the PgDip, not the MSc.
Reply 3
Hi I'm Ify. I also plan to apply for the OSPAP by april for the September intake, i hope that wont be too late. Any information on Univesity of Sunderland would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Original post by Ifyy
Hi I'm Ify. I also plan to apply for the OSPAP by april for the September intake, i hope that wont be too late. Any information on Univesity of Sunderland would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi there,
If you have any questions about our OSAP offering, feel free to reach out :smile:
Hello..
I am trying to apply for OSPAP 2020 in University of Sunderland.
Any guidance please?
Original post by Anjana sree
Hello..
I am trying to apply for OSPAP 2020 in University of Sunderland.
Any guidance please?

Hi there,

To apply for this course, you must first apply to the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and pass their adjudication process, please see the GPhC website for full details on how to apply. After adjudication, the University will be informed of successful candidates. We will then invite you to apply by filling in our online application form and attaching a number of required documents.

As part of your application, we will also need the following documentary evidence:

1. A copy of your GPhC approved adjudication letter.

2. Proof of English proficiency (please refer to the GPhC’s guidance on how they assess evidence of English language skills).

3. A letter of good standing from the police or a completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (if available).

Are you a member of our Facebook Freshers group yet?

It's a private group made up of new and current students, it may be worth you asking your question in there to get an actual students perspective.

Thanks
Hi I applied for University of Sunderland and got in.. Im confused about when we start pre registration training because we finish school in september and pre reg starts in August
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi there,
If you have any questions about our OSAP offering, feel free to reach out :smile:

To Sunderland University,
If OSPAP finishes September when do we start Pre registration training?
Reply 9
I believe that if you opt for the PGDip, then you finish in June to start Prereg in the summer. If you prefer to do the MSc, the start of Prereg training will be delayed until September.
Original post by Greenzman
Original post by Greenzman

You will start your pre-reg training in October.
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
You will start your pre-reg training in October.
Hope this helps :smile:

All the pre reg programmes usually start in August and January...I have never seen pre reg start in October
Reply 12
Hey @Turkerc1, have you gotten your letter of approval from the GPhC yet? How long will the adjudication process take?
Reply 13
Original post by Turkerc1
I believe that if you opt for the PGDip, then you finish in June to start Prereg in the summer. If you prefer to do the MSc, the start of Prereg training will be delayed until September.

When I contacted the Uni of Sunderland, they mentioned that the MSc Ospap usually ends in June, no?
Original post by wyat101
When I contacted the Uni of Sunderland, they mentioned that the MSc Ospap usually ends in June, no?

No it ends in September
Hi allWhat will happen with IELTs requirement due to the corona outbreak? I spoke to the GPhC and have an average of 7 and 7 in everything apart from writing. If there are no more IELTs exams for the foreseeable future do you think I stand a chance starting this Sep?ThanksK
Hello everyone,
I applied for the 2020-2021 OSPAP training with Gphc. Please I would like to kindly ask:

1. Would a Tier 4 Visa allow me to come in with a dependant?

2. What OSPAP training centre is the best in terms of flexibility of payment?

3.When is the best time to apply for the Pre-reg programme on Oriel, assuming the OSPAP training is to begin in September?
Hi all,

US Pharmacist here- I’m also getting my OSPAP materials ready for the 2020-2021 school year. I’ve encountered delays in getting some items with business closures due to COVID-19.

Can any of the university representatives comment on status for the 2020-2021 school year and plans for virtual learning if shelter in place/stay home orders aren’t lifted?

Are there spots remaining for the 2020-2021 class at this point?

Thank you for your time!
Reply 18
Original post by K_Ibrahimovic
Hi allWhat will happen with IELTs requirement due to the corona outbreak? I spoke to the GPhC and have an average of 7 and 7 in everything apart from writing. If there are no more IELTs exams for the foreseeable future do you think I stand a chance starting this Sep?ThanksK

I am stuck with the same situation as well. If you find any info regarding this please do share.
September starts are still in place.
It will be dependent on government advice at the time but it may be that your enrolment and classes could be done all online. Again this is something that we, and other universities won't know until nearer the time. We'd advise reaching out to your university choice for further clarification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending