The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
In a bit of a frustrating situation lol.
I get told a lot that I am beautiful, hot, look like a model and all of that. Men will shout things, say things under their breath at me in the street, beep their horns say things under their breath when they walk past, stare at me, everything but approach me to start a conversation. Why is this? I don't think I have a resting ***** face.

Probs don’t think you’ll be interested in them as you’ve made yourself out to be quite the model.
Reply 2
Probs don’t think you’ll be interested in them as you’ve made yourself out to be quite the model.

I mean I'm confident enough to see that I'm okay looking, but I wouldn't say I'm like a model. Just don't get why guys act like that around me. I do say to the people that say I look like a model they need to go to spec savers.
Fear. Lack of time. Lack of interest. There will be endless reasons...
Reply 4
I get told a lot that I am beautiful, hot, look like a model and all of that. Men will shout things, say things under their breath at me in the street, beep their horns say things under their breath when they walk past, stare at me, everything but approach me to start a conversation. Why is this? I don't think I have a resting ***** face.

Could be any number of things depending on the time, place, situation, etc. Can't just say "oh, it's because x".
I mean I'm confident enough to see that I'm okay looking, but I wouldn't say I'm like a model. Just don't get why guys act like that around me. I do say to the people that say I look like a model they need to go to spec savers.

Damn, if a guy compliments you, honestly just say thanks or compliment them back. They’d appreciate that more than you telling them to go specsavers LOL. What I’m trying to say is it may be that you’re so good looking that guys are too nervous to approach you in fear of being rejected.
Reply 6
If you're really the alpha you claim to be then it's probably because most guys either feel intimidated or they straight up believe it's a hopeless endeavour and save themselves the embarrassment of rejection.
Reply 7
Original post by Drewski
Could be any number of things depending on the time, place, situation, etc. Can't just say "oh, it's because x".

That's why I have posted. I wanted to know from a guys perspective why.
Mainly fear of doing something stupid and getting rejected
Reply 9
That's why I have posted. I wanted to know from a guys perspective why.

There are thousands of reasons why it could be.

How old are you, for starters?
Could be a multitude of reasons. Maybe's they feel intimidated? Scared of rejection? Lack self confidence?
Thanks guys appreciate the responses.
I have always thought if they were really that interested they would just approach.
Damn, if a guy compliments you, honestly just say thanks or compliment them back. They’d appreciate that more than you telling them to go specsavers LOL. What I’m trying to say is it may be that you’re so good looking that guys are too nervous to approach you in fear of being rejected.

I do say thank you, and I do compliment back lol. They do act really nervous around me to when I do and run off lol. Honestly I don't get it I would say honestly and with confidence I am about a 7 on a good day.

Obviously I don't know what you look like, but I can tell you that a lot of men are really intimidated by good looking girls. And, believe it or not, a fair number, without even knowing a pretty girl that well, will tell themselves, and their mates that she isn't very nice. That way they don't have to admit that they are too frightened to approach her. Off the top of my head I can think of two very attractive girls that I thought had great personalities but were ****ged off by lads who didn't have the guts to try and get to know them.
I do say thank you, and I do compliment back lol. They do act really nervous around me to when I do and run off lol. Honestly I don't get it I would say honestly and with confidence I am about a 7 on a good day.

Look you’re obvs good looking, just roll with it. It’s a nice feature to have, if u see someone you like who won’t approach YOU, try approaching them. Then you’ll see whether they were acc interested or just gave you that impression
Thank you. I really don't overestimate my looks. I would say I am about 7 on a good day 6 on a bad lol. It's just how men act around me makes me question why they don't approach me. I do think if they were that interested they would just approach.
Thanks guys appreciate the responses.
I have always thought if they were really that interested they would just approach.

Nope.

Have you been interested in a guy and not approached them? That.
I'll be casually walking and notice a girl staring directly into my eyes and its effing weird becuase theres like 40 other students around us.. liike why would I expose myself infront of a crowd just for your number. I have a reputation to upkeepp.
Original post by WildVibes
I'll be casually walking and notice a girl staring directly into my eyes and its effing weird becuase theres like 40 other students around us.. liike why would I expose myself infront of a crowd just for your number. I have a reputation to upkeepp.

Lol a reputation to keep?
It's quite a strange thing to do, to just randomly talk to a stranger. But they do certainly do this in central London, maybe you are in a smaller town where the men are more reserved.

Latest

Trending

Trending