The Student Room Group

my journey to university.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IH8Studying
For nursing, some unis require you to take a literacy and numeracy test. Manchester, for example. But that’s only if you pass the interview process. Luckily some unis don’t care.

My first interview is on the 12th of feb:smile: I received 4/5 interviews not including Manchester. I know I’m gonna get offers anyway. I’ve done so much care experience so it should go well tbh.

I see. Lots of time to prep then. gl with that 👍🏾
Original post by NotNotBatman
I see. Lots of time to prep then. gl with that 👍🏾

Thanks a lot👍🏽
So there are 3 sections to my course
Developmental - which is just about literacy, numeracy, applying to university, how to do essays well. (This topic is ungraded) and ill hopefully be finished by the 16th.
The second one is Psychology (graded)
And the third is issues in health and social care (graded)
The entry requirements for mental health nursing is 60 credits. 15 ungraded 45 graded. I am hoping to get a distinction in most of my assessments. And I am perfectly capable of getting it because I believe in myself and I am interested in my course :smile: see how productive I am when I am INTERESTED.

I was planning on finishing the literacy assessment today but my uncle came in my room and started bussing jokes. There are 6 questions and I completed one and a half today. I have work today at 7 so I’m going off to sleep now and I will hopefully finish the assessment today. It isn’t hard... i was just very distracted. The deadline for this literacy assessment + the essay of euthanasia that I haven’t even started is 7th January. The essay is only 1000 words and is ungraded so even if I get a merit, it won’t count towards anything because it’s just to see how the criteria I was set works and bla bla.

I have finished developmental. Took me a long time cause it had maths involved and I hate maths with a passion.

my assessments will be graded soon.

I will be given another tutor for the psychology section. Can’t wait to start the psychology :biggrin:

Actually I don’t know if I’ll be starting with issues in health and social fare
(edited 4 years ago)
I have finished developmental. Took me a long time cause it had maths involved and I hate maths with a passion.

my assessments will be graded soon.

I will be given another tutor for the psychology section. Can’t wait to start the psychology :biggrin:

Actually I don’t know if I’ll be starting with issues in health and social fare

i will be very proud of myself when I complete this access course. 5 months of doing it all Is an achievement
i will be very proud of myself when I complete this access course. 5 months of doing it all Is an achievement

These sections are much longer than developmental and there’s like 3 exams I have to do. It’s okay tho. The content is easy
So today I’ve been given a new tutor for issues in health and social care.

There are 7 sections to this:
1)Introduction to health and social care (ungraded)
2) Health and social Care provision (there’s also a 45 min exam and this section is graded)
3) Mental health and well-being (graded) and very useful for when I do mental health nursing
4) mental health issues (graded)
5) social care and the older person (graded)
6) principles of safeguarding in health and social care (graded)
7) learning disabilities (graded)

So it means I have to work extra hard for the graded ones cause they take everything into account. Like grammar and I’m terrible at that lol. Punctuation and I have to have perf English. And put so much detail.

Right now, I’m gonna begin the first one. There are so much I have to get through. This is much longer than the developmental one and more difficult. But let’s do this 💪🏾 Doing this for when I make 70k at 30.
I will try my hardest not to procrastinate. I have very limited time left. Let’s not waste it.
How have I not seen this :eek3:

Best of luck :rave:

2) Health and social Care provision (there’s also a 45 min exam and this section is graded)
3) Mental health and well-being (graded) and very useful for when I do mental health nursing

So it means I have to work extra hard for the graded ones cause they take everything into account. Like grammar and I’m terrible at that lol. Punctuation and I have to have perf English. And put so much detail.

Right now, I’m gonna begin the first one. There are so much I have to get through. This is much longer than the developmental one and more difficult. But let’s do this 💪🏾 Doing this for when I make 70k at 30.

It shouldn’t be too hard because I learnt a lot from being a care worker and they taught us some of the stuff like safeguarding, health and social care provisions etc.
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
How have I not seen this :eek3:

Best of luck :rave:

Lol thanks :smile:
74DD6089-B51A-444E-9623-C5B7CB91E327.jpeg
I give myself a break every 30 mins just to fart. Cannot focus more than that.
Manchester are asking for another reference I really cba with them. And plus they require numeracy and literacy test, so I’m gonna give up on them.

With introduction to health and social care, there are two parts. One is called a self assessment questionnaire (SAQ) which I have just successfully completed and submitted. And the other one is TAQ and it’s an assessment. The second one is obviously more difficult.

I have submitted the SAQ and emailed my teacher that I’ve done so. And just waiting for her to send me the TAQ.
With introduction to health and social care, there are two parts. One is called a self assessment questionnaire (SAQ) which I have just successfully completed and submitted. And the other one is TAQ and it’s an assessment. The second one is obviously more difficult.

I have submitted the SAQ and emailed my teacher that I’ve done so. And just waiting for her to send me the TAQ.

They all have two parts. A SAQ and a TAQ. All of ‘em. I think I did the SAQ exceptionally well (too bad it’s ungraded lol) but can’t wait for my tutors feedback. It makes me happy when I do something well.

So I have permanently withdrawn from Manchester because they’re acting too prestige for me. My other choices are wonderful and easier to get into. Let’s get this bag 💰
They all have two parts. A SAQ and a TAQ. All of ‘em. I think I did the SAQ exceptionally well (too bad it’s ungraded lol) but can’t wait for my tutors feedback. It makes me happy when I do something well.

So I have permanently withdrawn from Manchester because they’re acting too prestige for me. My other choices are wonderful and easier to get into. Let’s get this bag 💰

If there’s an easier route to success, imma take it. I’m not working really hard for something when there are other options just as good that don’t need that much effort. And I’m a lazy queen.
So today got my grades and I got a pass for the developmental. That’s the highest it can go cause it’s ungraded. I’m tired from waiting in the maternity hospital for 4 hours so I’m gonna sleep and wake up tomorrow morning and do the assessment and my ILP (stands for individual learning plan)
OK so i have to do an essay (750 words) and answer these two questions that have 400 words SMH.

The essay title is "Economic deprivation contributes to poor health behaviours".
I'm gonna try to include like 5 references. This shouldn't be too hard. I did this for my gcse sociology and consistently got A*s in it. And i did it for AS. And im doing it now... and im gonna shut up and start
I have to write about the history and the development of health and social care provision. B O R I N G.
So I need 30 merit credits and 15 distinction credits to get into uni. And I’ve completed 3 ungraded units. 2 of which have so far been graded. I’ve been given a recommended indicative grade for the unit overall. And I got a merit for both. Honestly I am really sad about that. My tutors have given me feedback and I’m getting stuff like “your assignment is consistently logical and fluent and overall, your assignment is very good but not excellent”. Pass = good Merit = very good Distinction = excellent

I’m really afraid I won’t get my 5 distinctions :frown: I must admit I’m rushing my assignments.

The main reasons for not getting a distinction are: I could’ve added more points, my structure needs to be better, I need to argue more with objectivity, correct my grammatical errors. Pretty bummed out about that. I mean yes merit is like a B but I need 112 ucas points. So I really need to do exceptionally well in at least 5 units.

I think I’m going to get my sister to proof read my work. She got A*AB in her a levels in sociology, psychology and law so she has a lot of experience in doing essays. And did a teaching degree. There’s nobody else who can so I’ll ask her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending