The Student Room Group

On Hold???

Hello, I got an email today from Bristol saying that I was on hold. Do I actually have a chance of getting an offer or not?? Is anyone else in the same situation? Its so stressful
For what subject? If it’s something like veterinary medicine then Bristol have a reputation for being notoriously slow with giving out offers/rejections as they don’t interview for that subject, don’t know about other subjects tho. Generally, I think if you’re put on hold it means that they’ve looked at your application and think you’re a decent applicant but want to see how many of the people they’ve already given offers to put them as their firm choice. Plus they may just want a bit more time to look at your application and consider if you’re a suitable candidate or not. Hope this helps x
Original post by lily wooldridge
Do I actually have a chance of getting an offer or not??

Yes. Otherwise they would’ve made you unsuccessful at this stage. You’re likely somewhere in the middle of the pool of applicants.
Original post by FreckledPizza
For what subject? If it’s something like veterinary medicine then Bristol have a reputation for being notoriously slow with giving out offers/rejections as they don’t interview for that subject, don’t know about other subjects tho. Generally, I think if you’re put on hold it means that they’ve looked at your application and think you’re a decent applicant but want to see how many of the people they’ve already given offers to put them as their firm choice. Plus they may just want a bit more time to look at your application and consider if you’re a suitable candidate or not. Hope this helps x

Hiya, it's for sociology. Im really hoping I don't have to wait too long to find out because its the waiting that's so horrible
Original post by Admit-One
Yes. Otherwise they would’ve made you unsuccessful at this stage. You’re likely somewhere in the middle of the pool of applicants.

I was thinking that. I just hope they don't have to many amazing applicants. I know its an amazing university so obviously there are but Im still clinging on
No news is good news at this stage, although you are obviously not guaranteed an offer.

I am surprised their message did not give you rough timescales as to when you might hear. You can always give them a quick call to ask. It might making the wait less stressful.
Original post by Admit-One
No news is good news at this stage, although you are obviously not guaranteed an offer.

I am surprised their message did not give you rough timescales as to when you might hear. You can always give them a quick call to ask. It might making the wait less stressful.

I know!!! Im quite an anxious person so it's so horrible not knowing how long it is going to be. I have already waited 6 weeks and have got offers from all my university's but Bristol is the one I really care about. I might email back but I think they really should have given me some sort of timescale, all they said is that they will keep me updated, however I am pretty sure this means 'when we reach a conclusion we will tell you'
If it's any consulation, I'm also on hold for sociology at Bristol! I panicked when I saw it today as it's my first choice, but it doesn't mean your application was unsuccessful. It's stressful waiting for a decision though x
Original post by lolataylor
If it's any consulation, I'm also on hold for sociology at Bristol! I panicked when I saw it today as it's my first choice, but it doesn't mean your application was unsuccessful. It's stressful waiting for a decision though x

No way!! I'm glad i'm not the only one :smile: keep me updated on your situation because its my first choice too. I hope you get an offer too
No way!! I'm glad i'm not the only one :smile: keep me updated on your situation because its my first choice too. I hope you get an offer too

I will do :smile: good luck!!
I will do :smile: good luck!!

Hey I heard back from Bristol this morning and I got in!! :smile: have you had any news? x
Hey I heard back from Bristol this morning and I got in!! :smile: have you had any news? x

SAME I found out 2 days ago, I also got an offer!!!
SAME I found out 2 days ago, I also got an offer!!!

yay!! congrats! : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending