The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

NCH essay competition 2020

Did anyone else enter this essay competition?

Which question did you guys choose?

How much time have you approximately spent on writing the essay?

How are you feeling about it?

I am doing the economics one :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Omg i am. I've chose the law one - i have some ideas but idk what i should structure it. I'm a bit anxious of sending it tbh once i finish it because i never done this before. Hbu?
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
Omg i am. I've chose the law one - i have some ideas but idk what i should structure it. I'm a bit anxious of sending it tbh once i finish it because i never done this before. Hbu?

yeah i've never done any essay competitions either!! i'm also nervous and i don't know whether my structure is decent enough lol. but they said that there is no right or wrong answer so i guess that as long as the essay is comprehensive they are gonna be fine with it
Original post by kobla
yeah i've never done any essay competitions either!! i'm also nervous and i don't know whether my structure is decent enough lol. but they said that there is no right or wrong answer so i guess that as long as the essay is comprehensive they are gonna be fine with it

same i honestly dont know how to start it. Wdym comprehensive like with evidence or more emphasis with ideas?
Hi,I'm trying to do the law one at the moment. What angle are you doing it from? :smile:
Original post by bubblesqueak1
Hi,I'm trying to do the law one at the moment. What angle are you doing it from? :smile:

What do you mean what angle I'm doing it from?
Should the law allow government to strike special tax deals with certain companies in order to attract foreign investment? do you think yes or no?
Should the law allow government to strike special tax deals with certain companies in order to attract foreign investment? do you think yes or no?

I'm going to talk about both sides but in my conclusion, strongly say no. Hbu?
I'm going to talk about both sides but in my conclusion, strongly say no. Hbu?

Hey same for me. Are you going to talk about the pros and cons of special tax deals for foreign investment?
Hey same for me. Are you going to talk about the pros and cons of special tax deals for foreign investment?

Yes but also how it wouldnt work and how it could be taken for advantages
I did English. I’ve spent Ageeeeees on it but I found it really interesting and I love essay writing :smile:
good luck
What was everyone's word count?
Reply 12
What was everyone's word count?

around 1640 words. They said we can stay within the 10% word count so here i am xD
Original post by kobla
around 1640 words. They said we can stay within the 10% word count so here i am xD

Damnnn you had a lot to say. How did the economic one go for you?
Original post by kobla

Where does it say you can stay within 10%? I’m pretty sure it’s max 1500? I’ve gone over as well but i think I’m going to have to just cut it down somehow
Original post by __heidix
Where does it say you can stay within 10%? I’m pretty sure it’s max 1500? I’ve gone over as well but i think I’m going to have to just cut it down somehow

Maybe they email them or included footnotes and etc. Omg good luck it's gonna be hard to cut it down
Maybe they email them or included footnotes and etc. Omg good luck it's gonna be hard to cut it down

No it excluding footnotes I think. And thanks, have y submitted your essay yet :smile:
Original post by __heidix
No it excluding footnotes I think. And thanks, have y submitted your essay yet :smile:

nooooooo i havent written mine up im literally at 666 words and i still have my last point (or second point) and conclusion. What subject did you pick?
nooooooo i havent written mine up im literally at 666 words and i still have my last point (or second point) and conclusion. What subject did you pick?

Law :smile:)
Original post by kobla
Did anyone else enter this essay competition?

Which question did you guys choose?

How much time have you approximately spent on writing the essay?

How are you feeling about it?

I am doing the economics one :smile:

I tried to reply before but I think i messed up lol.
I sent mine yesterday but I haven’t got email confirmation. Mine was English and I sent it at 2:15 yesterday :/

Quick Reply

Latest