The Student Room Group

Community speed watch

After years of daily harassment I've just been assaulted by one of these grumpy old gits. What on earth is wrong with these people, why are they wasting what remains of their lives getting so worked up over people daring to use the road outside their house and getting themselves criminal records in the process?

Anyone else had to deal with these weirdos? And why the hell are the police encouraging and funding them?
(edited 4 years ago)
Never came across it? Is it basically local cranks who scream trite crap like 'drive like hell and you'll get there! at passing cars and wave phones at them?
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Never came across it? Is it basically local cranks who scream trite crap like 'drive like hell and you'll get there! at passing cars and wave phones at them?

Pretty much, this guy took it a little further though, blocked the road, took a few swipes at my car then yanking on my door handles while ranting about how he was going to smash my face in.
Maybe don’t speed or take a different route.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Maybe don’t speed or take a different route.

Was doing 25 on a nsl, my workplace is on the same road.
Well then, if someone randomly assaulted you and damaged your car then I would report it to the police. Sounds like the chap is always in the same area so he may be known to them.
Reply 6
Well then, if someone randomly assaulted you and damaged your car then I would report it to the police. Sounds like the chap is always in the same area so he may be known to them.

Reported a few times already, think thats what pushed him over into making threats.
You should contact the police, they could be endangering lives.
Reply 8
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
You should contact the police, they could be endangering lives.

Have done, but they've had a chat with him a couple of times already and it only seems to make things worse.
Just keep doing it and driving sensibly. I would probably get a dash cam if you haven’t already.
Original post by the beer
Have done, but they've had a chat with him a couple of times already and it only seems to make things worse.

Just keep doing it and driving sensibly. I would probably get a dash cam if you haven’t already.

Dashcam is a good shout, then you can send the police some evidence.
Reply 11
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Dashcam is a good shout, then you can send the police some evidence.

I have one but it doesn't record sound so it didn't catch any criminal behaviour, will go get myself a new one.
Reply 12
Was it a community speed watch? Sounds more like a random bloke on the street....

Community speed watch is backed by the police, issued with actual calibrated speed guns, and you typically get an angry letter in the post.

This sounds nothing like a legitimate community speed watch.
Reply 13
Original post by IWMTom
Was it a community speed watch? Sounds more like a random bloke on the street....

Community speed watch is backed by the police, issued with actual calibrated speed guns, and you typically get an angry letter in the post.

This sounds nothing like a legitimate community speed watch.

He's a member, it wasn't a legitimate watch
Reply 14
Sounds legit to me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending