The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol University On Hold

Hiya I was just wondering if anyone has been put on hold by Bristol, what courses they want to do, predicted grades and when they applied??

I have been put on hold for sociology
Predicted grades ar AAB
Applied on 15th December

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I was put on hold for English and French (predicted 3As, which are the requirements for my course), and received an offer 5-6 weeks after submitting my UCAS application.
I think Bristol puts a lot of people on hold, perhaps to make the perceived worth of the offer higher and to make the university seem more prestigious (which it is) so more people will firm it.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Daisy02
Hi, I was put on hold for English and French (predicted 3As, which are the requirements for my course), and received an offer 5-6 weeks after submitting my UCAS application.
I think Bristol puts a lot of people on hold, perhaps to make the perceived worth of the offer higher and to make the university seem more prestigious (which it is) so more people will firm it.

Hiya, thank you, I hope that is what it is :smile:, im guessing you applied last year? did you end up going?
Original post by lily wooldridge
Hiya I was just wondering if anyone has been put on hold by Bristol, what courses they want to do, predicted grades and when they applied??

I have been put on hold for sociology
Predicted grades ar AAB
Applied on 15th December

Lots of people on the Law offers thread have been put on hold by Bristol - it's just another way of saying they are still considering your application
Reply 4
Hiya, thank you, I hope that is what it is :smile:, im guessing you applied last year? did you end up going?

No, i've actually applied for 2020 so we might be in the same year!
Original post by Daisy02
No, i've actually applied for 2020 so we might be in the same year!

no way!! hopefully (if I get in)
no way!! hopefully (if I get in)

Omg me too let’s all be friends
Original post by istudyeconomics
Omg me too let’s all be friends

Yessss!!!
Reply 8
I got an email about being put on hold for the Criminology W/ Quantitive Research course on the 1st of February. I applied 18th December so maybe they're sending it to everyone who applied in December who hasn't got an offer to show there's still a chance they could be accepted - just so the students don't run off to other Uni's instead out of lack of interest.
Original post by Jemma P
I got an email about being put on hold for the Criminology W/ Quantitive Research course on the 1st of February. I applied 18th December so maybe they're sending it to everyone who applied in December who hasn't got an offer to show there's still a chance they could be accepted - just so the students don't run off to other Uni's instead out of lack of interest.

Thank you, I hope you get an offer
Original post by Jemma P

heya just wondering if you have heard back, I still haven't :frown:
Reply 11
heya just wondering if you have heard back, I still haven't :frown:

Nope, haven't heard anything since February 1st :/ Bristol try to have all their applications sent before the 31st of March so we should be hearing something during this month.
Original post by harrysbar
Lots of people on the Law offers thread have been put on hold by Bristol - it's just another way of saying they are still considering your application

I'd been put on hold a month ago. I haven't got any response till now. I hope I have chance of getting in ? /my grades match the criteria(gap year) and my lnat was pretty good too/
Original post by Jemma P

ahh even i think this!!!
Original post by rayapatty
I'd been put on hold a month ago. I haven't got any response till now. I hope I have chance of getting in ? /my grades match the criteria(gap year) and my lnat was pretty good too/

Yes you do still have a chance of being made an offer, lots of offers will be made by Bristol in the Spring.
Original post by harrysbar
Yes you do still have a chance of being made an offer, lots of offers will be made by Bristol in the Spring.

Thank you sm!!! Also,good luck to you!
Reply 17
Ive been put on hold for Law at Bristol, i’m not sure whether i’ve met the lnat requirement or whether i’ve failed or not!
Original post by 6ambz
Ive been put on hold for Law at Bristol, i’m not sure whether i’ve met the lnat requirement or whether i’ve failed or not!

Same, Ive been put on hold for law as well at Bristol. I think this applies to like the majority of law applicants in Bristol.
Original post by Hans1111
Same, Ive been put on hold for law as well at Bristol. I think this applies to like the majority of law applicants in Bristol.

I’ve also been put on hold ✨✨✨
v. worried because the LNAT didn’t go very well for me which was very disappointing.
Hopefully being put on hold is maybe a good thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending