The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon019001
Hi, im going into the 2nd year studying in dnipro, but 4th year of medicine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask:smile:

Hi, I am going for the Sept 2020 entry in Dnipro Medical Institute through Medlink. I want to know how is the hostel system there because my family will not let me stay in private accommodation. If possible I would like to get in touch with someone that already studies there through social media
Reply 21
Original post by Tazbella
Hi, I am going for the Sept 2020 entry in Dnipro Medical Institute through Medlink. I want to know how is the hostel system there because my family will not let me stay in private accommodation. If possible I would like to get in touch with someone that already studies there through social media

Medlink really discourage hostels unless it is financially necessary. It is extremely cheap, between 1000-1200 dollars a year, but not great living conditions. Private accomodation, flats.. apartments etc is what everyone opts for (unless they are financially unable which is rare) and there is a large variety that can fit many budgets.
HiMy Zaryab I'm starting on the 3rd Feb, I'm from Manchester.
Anyone else starting on this date?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Zaryab11ma
HiMy Zaryab I'm starting on the 3rd Feb, I'm from Manchester.
Anyone else starting on this date?

Hi, I am Taz and I am planning to go on September 2020. However there are students that will start on February and definitely from UK so don’t worry and hope you enjoy it. Are you going to be in your first year ?
Hi, I am Taz and I am planning to go on September 2020. However there are students that will start on February and definitely from UK so don’t worry and hope you enjoy it. Are you going to be in your first year ?

Yes first year.
What about u?
Original post by Zaryab11ma
Yes first year.
What about u?

I will be in 3rd year bcz I already have a degree.
I have inquired with GMC today about Dnipro medical institute and they told me that Dnipro is not on the list of schools from which they do not accept qualifications. However, there are no such things as well that Dnipro medical Institute is approved and accredited by the GMC.
they also told me the only medical school in which they work to provide the accreditation is only the medical schools that are based in the UK.
So if anyone is labeling that Dnipro is apporved or accredited by GMC it means he does not have the enough info about it or either he or she is lying. so use your own conscience or better to ask with gmc first for the correct info about accredition of medical schools.
gmc.PNGgmc1.PNG
I have a letter from GMC stating same thing in writing. Basically we are eligible to apply for registration and will need our medical degree certificate to give to the GMC and sit plab / ukmla exam. I've been told by agency that they have had students who have come back from Dnipro and registered with the GMC after passing the plab.
Almost every student of medicine are eligible to apply for the registration in GMC except those medical student whose university is mentioned on the GMC list of schools from which they do not accept qualifications are not eligible to get register with the GMC
Original post by cookiedough12
I have a letter from GMC stating same thing in writing. Basically we are eligible to apply for registration and will need our medical degree certificate to give to the GMC and sit plab / ukmla exam. I've been told by agency that they have had students who have come back from Dnipro and registered with the GMC after passing the plab.
Original post by young Mind
I have inquired with GMC today about Dnipro medical institute and they told me that Dnipro is not on the list of schools from which they do not accept qualifications. However, there are no such things as well that Dnipro medical Institute is approved and accredited by the GMC.
they also told me the only medical school in which they work to provide the accreditation is only the medical schools that are based in the UK.
So if anyone is labeling that Dnipro is apporved or accredited by GMC it means he does not have the enough info about it or either he or she is lying. so use your own conscience or better to ask with gmc first for the correct info about accredition of medical schools.

Almost every student of medicine are eligible to apply for the registration in GMC except those medical student whose university is mentioned on the GMC list of schools from which they do not accept qualifications are not eligible to get register with the GMC

I'm not sure where you're going with this. At first, I thought you were putting down Dnipro medical institute as a risky option, but you seem to have gone full circle on yourself. You just said everyone could register with the GMC except those that are mentioned on the list.

So, I'm not sure exactly what your point is here.
Reply 30

Hi I’m also planning to start in September 2020 graduate programme. We should get in touch x
Reply 31
gmc.PNGgmc1.PNG

This is probably because the proper term is GMC accepted, meaning that it meets its minimum requirements. Accepted, approved and accreditted are used interchangeably even though they might not mean exactly the same thing:s-smilie:
Original post by Ayshahnf
I’m starting in September 2020, I’m going through medlink too have not yet sent my application but just doing a bit of research initially

Same here, I haven’t sent mine yet, but I will be for September 2020 very soon
Original post by Riamav8
Hi I’m also planning to start in September 2020 graduate programme. We should get in touch x

Same here!
Original post by Riamav8

Sure we can ☺️
Reply 35
Original post by eodumosu21
Same here!.

Hey Guys, I've been trying to get in touch with some students applying to Graduate entry at Dnipro University also. Hope to get in touch with you all. My family don't want me to go until i am in contact with a few people that have studied there or will be going soon.
Original post by Hani01
This is probably because the proper term is GMC accepted, meaning that it meets its minimum requirements. Accepted, approved and accreditted are used interchangeably even though they might not mean exactly the same thing:s-smilie:

the only medical schools which are approved or accredited is the schools which are based in UK only, and the GMC have some couple of norms through which they allow the medical students to sit in the exams who have completed there degree from outside UK. so it means that there is fare chances as well that some student may not be allowed by GMC if they didn't meet with the basic requirements.
Reply 37
Original post by amal321
Hey Guys, I've been trying to get in touch with some students applying to Graduate entry at Dnipro University also. Hope to get in touch with you all. My family don't want me to go until i am in contact with a few people that have studied there or will be going soon.

I was going to apply for Georgia but I am becoming more swayed towards Dnipro for a number of reasons. I will be aiming for September 2020 Graduate Entry ☺️
Original post by Sjjen3
I was going to apply for Georgia but I am becoming more swayed towards Dnipro for a number of reasons. I will be aiming for September 2020 Graduate Entry ☺️

Hey! I'm looking to go Dnipro too for graduate entry medicine. should start in September too
Reply 39
Original post by JustSayn
Hey! I'm looking to go Dnipro too for graduate entry medicine. should start in September too

Awesome, how far along in the process are you? Were you considering anywhere else also?

Latest

Trending

Trending