The Student Room Group

You find out you boyfriend/girlfriend Is taking drugs : What do you do?

You find out you boyfriend/girlfriend Has a drug issue, what would you do?
help them
talk to them about it
Original post by Anonymous
You find out you boyfriend/girlfriend Has a drug issue, what would you do?

Talk to them about it (there's usually a reason for abuse). Then help them get addiction help and therapy.
leave...
Dunno, 'taking drugs' is a bit vague. They might be good drugs, do they have enough for me?
1. Talk to them. Once they've opened up, do all you can to support them :smile:

2. If they refuse to talk, to get help and refuse to change (i.e. stop taking drugs) then leave. There's only so much you can do to help someone. Don't let it ruin you.

Good luck! :smile:
Do you mean habitually consuming illegal drugs like heroin, cocaine or crystal meth?
Or has got into the habit of depending upon legal painkillers or steroids legitimately prescribed by a doctor.
I'd walk away. I briefly dated someone who didn't tell me they did drugs (speed to be specific) and I later found out he had been doing it in my house and had been driving under the influence while I had been in the car with him. I was absolutely furious. I walked away and would do so again. I'm not about any of that stuff, it's fine if thats what people want to do but I won't be getting involved with it or them.
Depends on context

What drug is it? i.e smoking weed every now and again isn't really a big deal, a lot of people do. Whereas taking hard drugs like heroine is obviously an issue.

How frequently? i.e if they're frequently taking drugs without any real reason/context, and abuse it/have a problem then ofc have a word. If they take coke on a night out every couple of months, again it's not really a huge issue. If you find it as an issue, maybe talk to them about how you feel about it
Talk bluntly about it. Get him to figure out the cause of this new behaviour and encourage him to sort his **** out rather than resorting to drugs as a means of escape.
Original post by Anonymous
Depends on context

What drug is it? i.e smoking weed every now and again isn't really a big deal, a lot of people do. Whereas taking hard drugs like heroine is obviously an issue.

How frequently? i.e if they're frequently taking drugs without any real reason/context, and abuse it/have a problem then ofc have a word. If they take coke on a night out every couple of months, again it's not really a huge issue. If you find it as an issue, maybe talk to them about how you feel about it

Not too hard but quite regularly
Ask them to give me some.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending