The Student Room Group

How long should the Government take to respond to a question?

Let's say you had a question from the government, if you're an MP you could ask these in Prime Minister's Questions in the chamber itself.

But what if you're an ordinary citizen? You could ask this through your own MP or through other government agencies depending on the simplicity of the question.

On TSR we've got our very own Model House of Commons, with a TSR Government and an opportunity to ask questions.

It was recently suggested by a government representative that the electorate should decide how long is acceptable to have to wait for an answer to a question of the government, so here's me asking.

If you asked the government of TSR a question (which you can, here), how long would you expect to wait for a response?

Are we talking 24 hours? 2-3 days? A week?
Let us know your thoughts below. :smile:

Reply 1
Certainly not as long as our current TSR Government makes us wait!
My response to the Governemnt representative who suggested this would be if the the electorate are unhappy with the response times, they can show that at the ballot box.
Original post by quirky editor
My response to the Governemnt representative who suggested this would be if the the electorate are unhappy with the response times, they can show that at the ballot box.
You are the government representative who suggested this...
Ministers who refuse to answer questions in a timely manner should be tarnished with the brand of contempt of Parliament.
Original post by 04MR17
You are the government representative who suggested this...

That's the joke ...
Original post by Connor27
Ministers who refuse to answer questions in a timely manner should be tarnished with the brand of contempt of Parliament.

If you want to require us to respond in a certain amount of time pass an amendment. Until then the decision lies with the electorate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending