The Student Room Group

Cyprus good for medicine??

I have applied in University of Nicosia in Cyprus. However the degree is for 6 years and it really bothers me that it is 6 years. I would really like to come to the UK and do medicine but I just feel like it will financially affect my parents. The medicine course in UK that I’ve applied to is only 5 years. Idk I just feel like 6 years is the only thing that’s bothering me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thank you :smile:
Have you considered the 5 year Queen Mary (Barts) Malta course? It's 5 years and you end up with a UK qualification.
Reply 3
Original post by Maltese Falcon
Have you considered the 5 year Queen Mary (Barts) Malta course? It's 5 years and you end up with a UK qualification.

I have applied there too but I fee like I won’t make it since my UKCAT score is 40 points lower than their requirement
Original post by GUMBALL77
I have applied there too but I fee like I won’t make it since my UKCAT score is 40 points lower than their requirement

Mine is 51 points lower but I am trying again in July :colondollar: You should apply, get a conditional offer and try our luck again with a fresh attempt in July/August.
Mine is 51 points lower but I am trying again in July :colondollar: You should apply, get a conditional offer and try our luck again with a fresh attempt in July/August.

Just noticed that you have applied. If you get an offer and qualify UCAT, would you rather go to QMUL Malta than UNIC Nicosia? If yes, do you have any reasons other than the higher cost of UNIC for choosing QMUL Malta?
Reply 6
Well the number of years are really a concern for me...if I get into Malta then I would go there because the program is for 5 years while the Cyprus one is for 6 years. Also because of brexit now the license that I receive now from Cyprus won’t be valid in UK anymore, while Malta would still be.
Original post by GUMBALL77
Well the number of years are really a concern for me...if I get into Malta then I would go there because the program is for 5 years while the Cyprus one is for 6 years. Also because of brexit now the license that I receive now from Cyprus won’t be valid in UK anymore, while Malta would still be.

The University of Nicosia is affiliated with St George University UK. Why don’t you contact both universities to ask about fees and requirements and then decide.
Original post by Marialive
The University of Nicosia is affiliated with St George University UK. Why don’t you contact both universities to ask about fees and requirements and then decide.

Only their 4 year graduate entry MBBS is, not their six year MD
Reply 9
I just got accepted into Cyprus
That's great, congratulations! Did you get conditional or unconditional offer?
I have just put in my application for the university of Nicosia - I’m worried my grades are too bad!
GCSE - AABBBBCCCCD ( was poorly during them )
A LEVELS - ABB (Bio,Chem,Psych
What was the interview like if you don’t mind me asking?
I’m from the UK
Also what is the difference between the 4yr and the 6yr course?
Original post by Lucyjcoulson
Also what is the difference between the 4yr and the 6yr course?

you can only do the 4 year course if you have a degree, 6yr course is starting from a- levels
Reply 14
That's great, congratulations! Did you get conditional or unconditional offer?

Conditional offer. I need to get atleast ABB
Reply 15
I have just put in my application for the university of Nicosia - I’m worried my grades are too bad!
GCSE - AABBBBCCCCD ( was poorly during them )
A LEVELS - ABB (Bio,Chem,Psych
What was the interview like if you don’t mind me asking?
I’m from the UK

The interview was good it’s easy. I think you should be able to get an interview with those grades
I have A from psychology, B from chemistry and B from Biology, can i apply to Nicosia ?
Original post by FutureMedic77
I have A from psychology, B from chemistry and B from Biology, can i apply to Nicosia ?

Yes, I believe you can
I have just got an interview- I was wondering do they ask about like current affairs , anything in the news such as the coronavirus ect...
I have just got an interview- I was wondering do they ask about like current affairs , anything in the news such as the coronavirus ect...

yes they will ask you about current affairs and like researches being conducted...etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending