The Student Room Group

Anyone applying to these Uni's?

So, I've applied to:
Bristol
Exeter
Lincoln
Keele
Plymouth

Bristol is my top choice over Exeter and the others are insurance choices. Anyways, I have got an unconditional offer from Lincoln but I am still awaiting decisions from my other universities- anyone who's applied to the other unis i've listed got a decision yet? I am really panicking that I won't get into anywhere else... anyways, let me know people!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Offer from Bristol (maths)
Original post by Your Local Cat
Offer from Bristol (maths)

Congratulations! How long did they take to give you an offer?
Original post by misslyddiero
So, I've applied to:
Bristol
Exeter
Lincoln
Keele
Plymouth

Bristol is my top choice over Exeter and the others are insurance choices. Anyways, I have got an unconditional offer from Lincoln but I am still awaiting decisions from my other universities- anyone who's applied to the other unis i've listed got a decision yet? I am really panicking that I won't get into anywhere else... anyways, let me know people!

Hi there!

Glad to see that you’re considering Keele! Just wanted to say that if you have any questions or queries that you might want answering about Keele then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile:
I've an offer from Bristol for biomedical sciences

PS if you go on which uni and search your courses at the universities it sometimes shows the acceptance rate which may put you at ease (or not if it's low!)
(edited 4 years ago)
So, I've applied to:
Bristol
Exeter
Lincoln
Keele
Plymouth

Hi @misslyddiero,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer at the University of Lincoln! I am a current student, if you have any questions about student life, accommodation or anything you wish to know before setting off to university, feel free to message us.

Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Natt :smile:
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @misslyddiero,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer at the University of Lincoln! I am a current student, if you have any questions about student life, accommodation or anything you wish to know before setting off to university, feel free to message us.

Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Natt :smile:

Thank you! I guess my main question, is what is life like in Lincoln?
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there!

Glad to see that you’re considering Keele! Just wanted to say that if you have any questions or queries that you might want answering about Keele then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile:

Hi! Thank you. What is life like in Keele?
Hi! Thank you. What is life like in Keele?

Hi there!

What specifically would you like to know?

Personally, I found life on campus to be wonderful. Everything you could possibly need was on campus and in walking distance. For example, hairdressers, supermarket, costa, library, book store. gym, chapel, starbucks, santander bank, bars, pubs and the list goes on! You can end up living in a lovely little Keele bubble if you don’t travel off campus much.

There’s lots of transport links aswel nearby. There are regular buses so you can easily get to Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Hanley or Stoke Station. You’re literally only an hour away from places like Manchester and Birmingham so you can enjoy some days/nights out in a city easily if you wanted to. People may tell you that Keele is in the middle of nowhere but it really isn’t!

Everyone in Keele is so friendly as well. You won’t find it hard to make friends. The community feel you get from campus is so warming.

There is are so many social spaces so there’s always plenty of locations to do your studying or be with friends! Keele hall is a beautiful area with lots of lakes and woodland. Great place in the summer for some fun!

Will you be attending an open day?

If you have anything specific that you want to know then don’t hesitate to ask!
Hi there!

What specifically would you like to know?

Personally, I found life on campus to be wonderful. Everything you could possibly need was on campus and in walking distance. For example, hairdressers, supermarket, costa, library, book store. gym, chapel, starbucks, santander bank, bars, pubs and the list goes on! You can end up living in a lovely little Keele bubble if you don’t travel off campus much.

There’s lots of transport links aswel nearby. There are regular buses so you can easily get to Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Hanley or Stoke Station. You’re literally only an hour away from places like Manchester and Birmingham so you can enjoy some days/nights out in a city easily if you wanted to. People may tell you that Keele is in the middle of nowhere but it really isn’t!

Everyone in Keele is so friendly as well. You won’t find it hard to make friends. The community feel you get from campus is so warming.

There is are so many social spaces so there’s always plenty of locations to do your studying or be with friends! Keele hall is a beautiful area with lots of lakes and woodland. Great place in the summer for some fun!

Will you be attending an open day?

If you have anything specific that you want to know then don’t hesitate to ask!

Hi! Thanks for your response, it helped me a lot. I am going to the offer applicant day on 8th Feb.
Hi! Thanks for your response, it helped me a lot. I am going to the offer applicant day on 8th Feb.

Oh good! If there is ever anything else you’d like to know about anything to do with Keele or uni life then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile: I hope you enjoy the offer holder day!
Oh good! If there is ever anything else you’d like to know about anything to do with Keele or uni life then please don’t hesitate to ask! :smile: I hope you enjoy the offer holder day!

What happens at the offer holder day?
What happens at the offer holder day?

Hi there!

The offer holder days provide academic and other general information sessions that you can attend. Student Ambassadors will give tours of Keele campus and a selection of rooms in our student accommodation! It’s a lovely day to get a feel for what life at Keele will be like! :smile:
Thank you! I guess my main question, is what is life like in Lincoln?

Hi @misslyddiero,

Life at Lincoln is so lovely! The campus is situated just on the edge of town so all the shops are very close by. The campus is quite small compared to other universities but I think that is a good thing because everything is close! 90% of student housing is less than 15 minutes walk into university which couldn't be more ideal!
We have a very large range of sports and societies, everything from 20 minute society to ultimate frisbee! There is also lots in the way of volunteering in Lincoln so there are always opportunities for students to make their CV's better!
Lincoln as a city has a lovely vibe and there is quite a lot to do including lots of pubs and bars!

If you have any other questions, please let us know!
Lexy
MSc Microbiology student, 4th year
Hi there!

The offer holder days provide academic and other general information sessions that you can attend. Student Ambassadors will give tours of Keele campus and a selection of rooms in our student accommodation! It’s a lovely day to get a feel for what life at Keele will be like! :smile:

Thanks for your response. I was just wondering, is it nerve-wracking on the offer holder day? Because I’m feeling quite nervous about it all!
Thanks for your response. I was just wondering, is it nerve-wracking on the offer holder day? Because I’m feeling quite nervous about it all!

Hi there, that’s not a problem! Personally, I never actually attended an offer holder day so i’m unable to say from my perspective. However, my friend who did attend one said that they felt nervous but by the end of it they felt really comfortable with the university which was nice! It’s all personal feelings I believe. I imagine some people won’t get nervous at all where’s some will, like yourself!
So, I've applied to:
Bristol
Exeter
Lincoln
Keele
Plymouth

Which degree are you applying for?
Original post by Muttley79
Which degree are you applying for?

Politics & International Relation, I really want to go to Bristol but I haven’t heard anything yet...
Politics & International Relation, I really want to go to Bristol but I haven’t heard anything yet...

How long ago did your application go off?

Personally I think Exeter is better than Bristol and a nicer place too.

As long as your predicted grades meet the required grades of Bristol and Exeter you are likely to get offers. Some unis just take longer to respond but as long as they haven't rejected you, you know that your application is still being considered :smile:

Also, an offer holder day is honestly nothing to worry about - by the time they invite you to one they have already decided they want you so their main aim is to get you to accept the offer not frighten you away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending