The Student Room Group

first car £20,000 budget

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NX172
And my friend also works for Mini. There's also a lot of planned obsolescence. Some good, some bad. Can you explain why they might be 'good'? Having a friend with a Mini doesn't automatically make it good!

Cause he never had any issues with it that it's why I said that they are good cars.He has his car for almost 3.5 years and he never had any issues with it.
a lexus nx350 sport
Reply 22
Original post by emily_000
Cause he never had any issues with it that it's why I said that they are good cars.He has his car for almost 3.5 years and he never had any issues with it.

There's also plenty of people who do have issues with them, though. The reliability index doesn't even put them in the top 50%. Plus who knows what will happen after the planned obsolescence?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by NX172
There's also plenty of people who do have issues with them, though. The reliability index doesn't even put them in the top 50%. Plus who knows what will happen after the planned obsolescence?

idk then lol. I just said that they are good cause he never had any issues with it. I mean if the person who made the thread wants to buy a mini then why not. If he can afford it then why not. He can always ask someone who is a professional and knows a lot about cars.
Reply 24

I don't think a sample size of one is enough to form a decision...
Original post by IWMTom
I don't think a sample size of one is enough to form a decision...

I know, but he can always ask people who are professional and know a lot about cars. Or other people who have minis.
Reply 26
I know, but he can always ask people who are professional and know a lot about cars. Or other people who have minis.

Or just.. yknow.. check the reliability index...
Gotta be a troll, surely?
Nissan Skyline GT-R34
Original post by kelvin1011
Nissan Skyline GT-R34

nope buy a Mini.
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Gotta be a troll, surely?

I don't think that he is a troll. The car is not that expensive.
(edited 4 years ago)
nope buy a Mini.

Why in the world would you want such a laughable car.
nope buy a Mini.

Also learn to keep your opinions to yourself, I don't think I took the time to judge that just because your friend has a mini it's considered the best car in the world to you.
My car is better than my friends car. So no I don't consider it the best car in the world. And no I am not going to keep my opinion to myself, If you don't like the fact that I can say my opinion out loud then go to the prime minister and complain about it or even to the queen.

Ok Karen. Don't have to be so *****y about it.
I don't think that he is a troll. The car is not that expensive.

20k... ok money bags
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by username4167714
Hi guys
I just turned 17 and am looking into getting my car!
My budget is as stated but I can go a little over.
I have been looking at minis but have heard from people that they are bad cars?
Really I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a good car that has a nice feel to it and doesn't have a crazy insurance.
Thanks

Way to much money, as vexper said, cheap car to learn in. gives you space to scratch the wheels up and scrape the paint. save the last £19.500 for business
That's a bit of a low budget for a first car. For a first car you want something safe so you should absolutely try and stretch to buying something like a middle range BMW or Mercedes for safety. It is best to get a car brand new (as it makes the most financial sense) and pay monthly with a finance plan from the dealership as they always give you a good deal
Folks, the thread is over a year old and the OP hasn't been back to TSR in that long, give it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending