The Student Room Group

BTEC MEDICAL SCIENCE AND 2 ALEVEL ( Chemistry and sociology) for medicine courses

Hi, I’m currently in YR 12 and I’m studying BTEC APPLIED SCIENCE, A LEVEL CHEMISTRY & A LEVEL sociology. I was looking into medicine but I’m not sure what universities accept these combinations. If would be great to see if any one knows what uni would accept my Btec and alevels combinations ! Thanks
Reply 1
I don’t know a great deal about this but I *think* that there are some universities offer“gateway” or “access” to medicine courses which accept non standard qualifications like BTEC. Off the top of my head, take a look at Manchester, Leicester and Bristol. There are probably more. Hope that helps!
Reply 3
Original post by RFH1207
I don’t know a great deal about this but I *think* that there are some universities offer“gateway” or “access” to medicine courses which accept non standard qualifications like BTEC. Off the top of my head, take a look at Manchester, Leicester and Bristol. There are probably more. Hope that helps!

But do bear in mind Gateway courses need specific WP requirements to be met. You cannot just apply unless you meet these criteria
Original post by RFH1207

Thanks a lot, but what if I get higher grades than they want me to get, what happens next ?
Reply 5
Original post by Shayneli
Thanks a lot, but what if I get higher grades than they want me to get, what happens next ?

Nothing. If you are made an offer, you must meet or exceed it. If you do, then your place is guaranteed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending